Menu

How many guests are your future in laws inviting?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweets08 Posts: 958
GEMSPB Posts: 558
Could some of them not come to the evening part of the wedding? My FMIL has added in her neighbours and friends and I think the total was 20. She is now trying to cut it (Her own choice) and anyone she does cut is going to be invited to the evening reception.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Thats a lorra lorra friends! My FILs are only inviting 8 people, thought they'd want to invite more to be honest. These 8 are close friends and neighbours so fair play to them. My meal is considerably less than yours so its a lot of money to be spending on those 40 extra!
marquise Posts: 595
My future in laws aren't inviting anyone that we don't already have on the list. I was surprised - we were going to allow both sets of parents to invite a few guests/friends. However, my parents want to invite a lot of people so I will have to ask them to prioritise and keep their numbers down. I do think that 40 is excessive - I think my parents' list is about that and I'm going to ask them to halve it.
marquise Posts: 595
Would your H2B say it to her?
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Would you not get your h2b to have a quiet word with her. If you only know a small number of people and the rest are at the expense of your personal friends it's unfair on her part. Does she know how much it's going to cost you two to have her crowd there?!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
fPIL have just themselves, other son and his wife and child and mothers parents. All in all,7 relatives of H2B, wheras my parents are having about 30! They are paying so have to allow them friends of course, but had hoped to keep it to about 20.
panda_bear Posts: 342
[quote="Sweets08":2uafpocu]My thoughts exactly...my own parents are only bringing about 8-10 friends/neighbours, was in shock when i got the list, genuinely thought it was a joke[/quote:2uafpocu] we've had such rows with my parents over the guest list, and I really don't believe we're in the wrong. how can his mother think its no big deal to invite 4000euro worth of people!!!??? tell her no. well, get h2b to tell her no. it's madness.