How many hpt did you do?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PearlBaby Posts: 532
Okay i'm beginning to lose count of how many i've done. Dont have a doctors appointment until next Monday. How on earth will i hold out doing anymore? :eek Did anybody do them before AF was due? I am not due until Wednesday and i'm soooo nervous it going to come... all the tests are positive by the way... :o0
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
firstly congratulations :o)ll I did two maybe three tests, one was the FR one that is for after your af is due (bought the wrong one) then hubby went out and bought the clear blue one (i think i did another one can't remember) but I just kept looking at the clear blue one but no point to keep doing them i feel.
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
I did 2 initially (2 days after AF was due- couldn't do it earlier as just couldn't bear seeing another bfn), and was fully expecting it to be negative. Nearly DIED when i saw the second line come up. Did 3 more over next few days to reassure myself myself and convince myself that i wasn't seeing things. So, 5 in total! :-8 (At least I'm not as bad as Stacey in 'Gavin & Stacey'- she did a whole shoebox full of tests!! :o0 )
Duffers Posts: 1841
Ah about 7! Seriously couldn't believe we could be so lucky so soon after having DS! Did the cheapies, the FR, the clearblue digital....am I Stacey? :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Think i might beat you duffers.... :o0 I have one more left and i will do it on Thursday or Friday before my appt on Monday. Glad i'm not the only one though... :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
about 20 this time round :-8 I'd had MC just before and had a bag full of cheap internet ones so after I did a few FR every morning I did an internet one to see the line getting darker every day and sellotapted them all in a book to keep an eye on :-8 :o0
[quote="lovemybaby":s4cncoog]about 20 this time round :-8 I'd had MC just before and had a bag full of cheap internet ones so after I did a few FR every morning I did an internet one to see the line getting darker every day and sellotapted them all in a book to keep an eye on :-8 :o0[/quote:s4cncoog] :o0 :o0 okay you take the title lovemybaby....but then i'm sure you had every reason to.
Daff Posts: 11644
LO will think I'm nuts when I show them in years to come - also saved all my OPTs from that month too :o0
angelstar11 Posts: 245
Hiya Im in same boat as you Pearlbaby! Not due my AF till Wednesday! But couldnt wait any longer cause I was getting cramps and they werent going away and I was very bloated! So I tested yesterday morning!: Here's my story! I woke at 6.47am saturday morning and i was still having cramping mild but still annoying.. so I jumped out of bed and said thats its Im gonna test. I used the clear blue first and within a min i got the BFP i was shaking and stilll in total shock, didnt think this was gonna happen so fast its my first cycle ttc, i had been on the pill for 16years only 2 month break once. and Im also mid 30's and lots of my friends have been trying for a year or more once they came off the pill... we are still in shock! and to be honest wasnt really prepared for this to happen so so quick.. a few hours laters around 12pm i decided to test on the tesco hpt but didnt put much faith in it as im still early to be testing and it says to test once missed period, but couldnt believe it there was the two lines, the 2nd line was fainter then the other but thats because id say it wasnt my morning pee... Still have mild achy cramps when I woke this morning definitely having some changes inside! I dont know when to go to the doctor cause Im not due till wed and afraid she will tell me test is negative. I wont get into to see her till late evening so wondering do i bring her in that morning's pee? wil it still be ok?
posadh2010 Posts: 80
angelstar....u sound exactly the same as me....in my thirties, on the pill years and then in total shock when we got bfp first month ttc! All of the hpt that I did had only a very faint second line- even after I was well over a week late. Went to the doc when I was 5 wks to confirm and test came up neg. She told me to drop in first morning urine the next day and that confirmed it then. Not sure what to tell u- maybe my hormone levels were just very low, but its not a nice feeling when doc says 'sorry this is negative'. Maybe hold off on going for a week or two if you can. ...Oh and .....congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll