How many nappies...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
does a newborn get through in a week? I read the other day that it's about 60! :eek :eek :eek Can this be right?! Just trying to figure out how roughly much extra per month we'll be having to spend once the baby arrives and I'm thinking it will be an extra 100 euros on nappies alone!
Topolino Posts: 1659
I read on another post - think it was in the "Essentials" topic at the top of the page - that you go through about 10 a day so 60-70 a week would be about right. Just think of me with twins! I might have to consider the towelling ones...
summer daisy Posts: 1336
it really depends on how much of a wetter your baby is.. my baby only got changed max 6 times a day as she never seemed to need any more!!
jen2 Posts: 3106
I changed my kids every 3 - 4 hours, and then whenever they did a poo. Also I learned that when my kids did a poo, I did not change them straight way, as it might take them up to 10 mins to finish it. Lots of times Id change the baby stragit away, and 2 mins later need to change again. So that prob about - 7 nappies a day, maybe 8. Jen2
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Found an interesting link on this Apparantly breast fed babies nappies smell nice :o0
chilledout Posts: 834
Yes, its true about breast fed babies poo! It smells slightly peaty but not at all unpleasant! I changed DS every three hours or so, or if I could smell a dirty nappy. He's usually last longer at night though. As they get older they use less nappies.