How many nappies to buy??!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridezilla101 Posts: 73
Hey gals first timer here so forgive the silly question how many packets of nappies are you planning to buy Boots have a baby event on at the mo so was going to buy some of the big big packs how long will babies be in newborn nappies for? Also how many packs of soothers are people buying? Bz
belcra Posts: 1097
I got two packs of size 1 so approx 50 nappies and then size 2. Got a better deal in Dunnes than boots though.
poppie3 Posts: 158
Hi Bridezilla We have over a thousand... ha i know it seems mad but supervalu had a great offer on last week and my mum & MIL and hubby all ended up buying a couple of boxes, we got loads of different sizes, we figure we should get about 2 months out of them, we got mostly size 3 as babies will be up to that weight in no time, we got the smallest ones - cant think of what they are called, then size 1, 2 and 3. were not getting soothers, but i imagine you wouldnt need that many, 4 would prob be plenty just so you have spares.
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I wouldn't buy too many - maybe a couple of packs but just in case the type of nappy doesn't suit your baby. A lot of people say pampers don't work for them or lidl or whatever. The big boxes seem to be on offer all the time now.
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
We got 2 packs of size one. I wouldn't worry about stocking up as nappies are always on special in one of the main supermarkets. They seem to rotate each week.
Downton Posts: 314
Going on previous exp I got two packs of size 1, and I might get a couple of 2's and 3's but as others have said you might end up switching, on dd we've gone from pampers to Huggies to Lidl to aldi, who knows what will suit this baba but newborn pampers is all I'd buy to start with, hth ps we got a nappy cake from someone with a lot of nappies! U def don't want to end up with too much of the one size!