How many nights in CUMH

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Venus Bride Posts: 456
Hi Girls Just wondering on your first baby, ,how many nights were you kept in CUMH ? Thx
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
i'd be interested to hear this too... mad to think that we might see each other in the hospital! :wv
rushinbride Posts: 1097
I was in hospital about 3wks ago (CUMH) going on the girls in the ward... 1 girl had her baby 5wks early on the friday evening, and was being released sunday morning...baby was good weight tho (6lb 3oz - good for 5wks early like) another girl had a section on the Wednesday afternoon and was released Saturday morning...these were based on healthy mothers and babies!! Hope that helps... Having said all that...my sister had her baby in april on a friday and was released saturday morning...at her own request tho...if you ask and all is fine with babs and mother, they'd let ya home early!!
kala Posts: 1937
i had my first baby 4 weeks ago in cumh. he was a week early and 61b 2 oz. i went into labour myself but had an emergency c section at the last minute. i should have been in for 4 nights with the section- but i asked to go home a day earlier and because all was ok with me and baby i was left out after 3. i went into labour monday evening he was born tues morn and i came home friday instead of saturday. if you are breast feeding they keep you at least 3 days. also if baby is jaundice they will keep you in until the levels are normal to let you go home. my little fella had a bit but because he was within the normal levels we were left home, but a friend of mine was kept in an extra day because her baby was above normal levels. the girl in the bed next to me who had a normal birth and it was her first baby was left home after 2 nights. hope this helps. xxxkala