How many of us bother with fake tan in winter?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

classygal Posts: 436
Just wondering...spent ages exfoliating and applying Johnson's holiday skin, not sure its worth the effort as pretty covered up in jeans and top!
macsmissus Posts: 928
If I was going somewhere nice, I'd make the effort but I wouldn't be religiously applying it over the winter months! :o0
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Nah, I don't bother with fake tan at all really, have only worn it a couple of times. Usually just on my chest and arms and lower half of my legs that's about it if I do put some on and that would probably be for a wedding or something. I'm pretty pale usually and fake tan looks very dark on me, so I don't bother I go for the pale and interesting look!!!! To be honest I probably won't use fake tan for the wedding either, cos I wear it so rarely it'd look unusual on me. Pale is good, go with the pale! Once you moisturise (which I'm terrible at remembering to do) and shave your legs and have decent skin tone, then why bother!?! :wv
dub2010 Posts: 378
use instant(sunshimmer matte) that way u can just put it on before u get dressed and it washes straight off..perfect for winter doesnt take up any time and u'll look golden :-8
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
I used to always wear fake tan. I have stopped though and am now trying out the pale and interesting look - and I'm quite liking it so far. I look so much more natural in photos compared to the other girls who can look orange. So far so good - and a lot less effort :o0
shellbell Posts: 440
Yep afraid I love the fake tan look when I'm wearing dresses etc. Stick to the gradual johnsons cream or a little rub of instant but I do feel crap without it.
14082010 Posts: 2103
Oh i am addicted to the stuff >:o) I love it :lvs Every night after a shower or maybe every 2nd night it has to go on, i hate been pale :o( I go through about 40euro of the stuff a month :eek totally hooked >:o)
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Hell yeah! Can't live without the stuff ! I have a Saturday ritual, long long soak in the bath, exfoliate and de-fuzz session, then its tan time :o0 :o0 :o0 I wouldn't really bother during the week though. I am milkbottle white - Casper the ghost wouldn't have a look in with me standing beside him :o0 :o0 so I feel so much better with a bit of tan on.
Twirler Posts: 1644
I'm the same usage summer and winter, most times I'm on a night out I'll put some on.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I am also really really pale so will always wear tan on a night out. Don't bother putting it on during the week for work though.