How many of you are in an hotel with more than 1 wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23leanne Posts: 761
Just wondering if many of you are in an hotel that has another wedding on the same day? Do you mind? Or is it not even a second thought?
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I couldn't handle that at all. It's bugging me enough that there is one on the day before us and a load of the guests are staying 2 nights - we could have filled the hotel ourselves and were told when we booked that only 2 rooms were booked outside of our party. Bombshell was only dropped later that it was actually closer to 20 (1/3 of the rooms). >:o(
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
[quote="pigeonbride":1s6ma8fo]I couldn't handle that at all. It's bugging me enough that there is one on the day before us and a load of the guests are staying 2 nights - we could have filled the hotel ourselves and were told when we booked that only 2 rooms were booked outside of our party. Bombshell was only dropped later that it was actually closer to 20 (1/3 of the rooms). >:o([/quote:1s6ma8fo] oh god sorry to hear that id freak n ad also freak if another wedding same day O:|
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I've been a guest at several weddings where there was one (or even two!) other weddings in the same venue. It's one of those things I really don't understand at all - can someone who is bothered by it maybe explain what it is they don't like about this idea? And would it only bother you for your own wedding, or would it bother you as a guest as well?
Twirler Posts: 1644
We are the only wedding in our hotel currently, but there is the possibility of another wedding there on the same day. It wouldn't bother me to be honest, they're very well separated
GEMSPB Posts: 558
Had a meeting with our hotel tonight regarding prices. There are 2 other weddings in the hotel on the same day as ours. We chose a room that has a separate entrance so the only time I should see the other brides is in the residents bar that night. I dont really mind.I cant expect to be the only wedding on. Ours is a Friday and in July so its peak season.
Would it really not bother you to bump into another girl in her wedding dress on YOUR wedding day???? Apart from that it's the one time ever you're going to be somewhere where you know everyone and everyone knows you - do you really want strangers coming and going in the midst of it???
Sorry that was in response to chocbiscuit
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
im from donegal where we have hugh weddings! (lots of hotels have min no of 200 guests). Alot of the hotels do 2 weddings on 1 day as long as they have seperate kitchens, residents bars & garden for photos. You should be grand! I would be upset if i was getting pics taken & the other bridal party was queing up behind us.
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
Thanks for the reply pigeonbride. No, it honsetly wouldn't. If it did happen, presumably it would be in a corridor or something, so it's not like there would be another bride in the church as I say my vows or in the ballroom as we cut the wedding cake. I know that other people have the complete opposite view so I'm interested to know exactly why. And I don't understand what you mean about not having a load of strangers coming in and out in the midst of it - why on earth would guests at the other wedding be popping into mine? Even if they did, again I don't think it would bother me. There will already be plenty of strangers in the room with the hotel staff, a number of guests on H2B's side that I won't have met and the plus ones that some of my guests are bringing, and we've told our band that we're happy to let other couples pop by to listen to them. In our town, all the little old ladies always sit in the back of the church to see the style at weddings and I think the idea is really lovely - a wedding is yes, about the bride and groom, and their families and friends, but it's also a community event in a way (for example, when all the cars beep as you drive away from the church so that onlookers can wish you and your new husband well) and celebrations of such a happy event are not something that need a US Secret Service-style cordon around them. It honestly honestly would not bother me and I'm intersted to hear about others' thoughts on this. Thanks again for your reply.