How many TTCers are charting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Just wondering is this charting lark worth all the effort. How many of ye are doing it. Did ye start after a couple of months. I am 4months TTC and 2 months charting. My friend thinks im mad and thinks I should give it up and relax.
NotHere Posts: 10273
Not yet anyway :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Just going by the cycle length (with help from Dr. Amy) and using the OPKs. Personally find that the EWCM can be a bit misleading.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote="BlackCat":27z444zp]Personally find that the EWCM can be a bit misleading.[/quote:27z444zp] Yeah it definitely is.....it's a while since we got the bfp (last March!!) but as far as I remember, I had cm (won't say it was ewcm as I don't ever recall seeing that) on the Mon & Tues and nothing after that. From temping I know I ovulated on the Thursday, so I don't think you can just rely on cm.....
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I just keep track of length of cycle and use opk. I don't think I would be able for the temping lark. I am bad enough
Moet for me Posts: 1841
I don't know about the merits of charting from day 1 because so often you hear that stress can be a big factor in conceiving, or not as the case maybe, so relaxation and plenty of shagging at the very least for the recommended time frame for your age group (1 year over 30, 6 months over 35) may very well give better results but I got pregnant as a surprise so I'm not really in a place to comment.
Sassy Posts: 2269
I tried temping for one month but found that i became obsessed with it and i'm sure my stress levels went up, so we decided to just go by my cycle and us OPK's and then just do the deed every two days around ov time. It may have backfired on me as we have been trying for 8 months and this month my Af has gone mad. I am on day 47 of a 35 day cycle and 3 PBN'sMaybe if i was temping i would know whats going on.