How many weeks were you when you noticed a belly?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
My DH suggested that we should take pics of my belly every week to watch it grow. I'll only be 6 weeks on Sunday next, and even though I'm a bit bloated, I still dont have a "tummy". I have a nice bit of belly flab to hide things for me! Just wondering when did everyone here notice their bellys - even befoer others did?
madmam Posts: 1294
I was easily 16 weeks before I noticed a belly. You've a while to go yet! The bloating will go down. :wv
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I look 6 months already with the bloating so I'm hoping it'll go down soon
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
I felt fatter straight away and pretty much this feeling lasted till around 16 weeks. I did get harder at around 14 weeks but still could only wear smocky stuff as to show it off i looked fatter. By around 18 weeks i was in maternity trousers and tops and no doubting to the world that up the duff :o0
short n sweet Posts: 1802
My bump came out at 13 weeks - was at a family communion on DHs side and I hadn't seen them all in ages and they couldn't believe I was showing - I thought it might go back down but I have had a definate bump since then - there is no denying I am pregnant now :o0
love struck Posts: 1125
Jeidi I had bloating from early on and had to go into maternity clothes from 10 weeks.. The bloating calmed down around the 17 week mark and I looked smaller from 17-22 weeks than I did at 12 weeks... However theres no denying it now!! :o0
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
[quote="madmam":3bi2b36h]I was easily 16 weeks before I noticed a belly. You've a while to go yet! The bloating will go down. :wv[/quote:3bi2b36h] O-O O-O O-O When will it go down? Please tell me soon? I look about six months pregnant too and can't even pull up the zip on most of my trousers so stuck wearing a few loose fitting skirts. It is utterly ridiculous to have what appears to be a bump already. And yes, of course I know it is just bloating and the real bump will start to emerge in a couple of months, all going well. Edit - does the bloating/bump maybe seem more obvious on scrawny women? I had never in my life been bigger than a size 8 until last week. I reckon I must be 12 - 14 now.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
i'd usually waver between an 8 and a 10, but even then I'd always have a bit of flab on the belly. My size 10's are fitting me in some trousers and bet onto me in others. I've said good bye to the 8's.
lila Posts: 982
I'm only starting to get a bump now at almost 24 weeks. I just looked like I'd put on some weight till now. Still don't get offered a seat on train though so must stick bump out from now on I did have a bit of bloating in the early stages but it does go down again - around the 12 week mark.
SaJa Posts: 4282
I'm just 15 weeks and have a noticeable bump but its still a mixture of bloating/flabby/bump. Have been like this for the past number of weeks. Can wait till I have decent hard bump.