Menu

How much do you do????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

toesies Posts: 436
Hi Ladies I am back to work Tuesday :weep :weep :weep , I am wondering how much do you do re housework/childcare/organising ect?? I do it all, really every last bit and while its fine as I prefer the way I do things I think going back to work I will need a little help, nowwe have two LO's. I do all the cooking/cleaning/washing/banking/bills/organise childcare/, I will be back working Mon - Fri 8-5, DH works Mon-Thurs 7-5 and fri 7-2, he never before collected DS on the Fridays earlier, he has family responsibility with farming, also goes to the gym 3 times a week, I arrange all DS activities, football/music/play dates, and ferry him to and from these, I always have to ask him if he can stay in if I need to go somewhere(which is rare) but now worry i will spend all my weekends catching up with the housework and preparing for the next week. Anytime I ask him to help out as in to hoover or empty the dishwasher he will say "in a minute"(which never comes) or "it doesn't need hoovering/cleaning/tidying/sure who will see it" I am particular with certain things but its him i spend my time cleaning up after not the LO's at all, so after all that :-8 back to the original question, what do you do in organising your lives and so on??????
Daff Posts: 11644
I do everything too and barely can find time to have a shower each day. While DH goes to gym twice a week, plays golf, plays GAA, plays footbaoll the odd time O:| BIG reality check coming his way in December when I'm back to work! I think if you're back fulltime then it should be 50/50. I'll be doing up a rota on who does what and on which days otherwise all I'll get is 'i'm getting round to it!'
toesies Posts: 436
thanks Daff, even when I was working before this LO I always did everything, now I worry that he expects the same sysytem this time around and in reality I just can't and keep things the way I want them, time for a talk I think, see if it does any good O:|
milis Posts: 7998
I'm another idiot who does everything (no offence girls :-8 ), including nagging him to help out, which only seems to add to my workload. I was just thinking tonight I'd love to be as responsibility free as my DH is. Must be great.
shiny2010 Posts: 975
hmmm this is tough one as really you are all crazy :o0 and so was I at one stage ... and now onto the tough bit, which you really won't like and believe me I didn't either.... I just couldn't do it any longer, everything! the constant asking him to do stuff and being ignore was not only driving me insane but I also got very down about it all. Cried trying to get help from him, nagging, everything, ... Talked to DH about getting a cleaner in, he said no. I went another few months, getting more and more crazy.... then one day I said to myself, I'm paying for this myself! found an agency, booked a cleaner and ... he now says it is his idea (in a joke) as he now agrees that it was the best decision ever. We don't need a cleaner that often, once every 2 weeks, 5 hours, she does all his ironing (which he loves) too for 50-60e. Since then he has begun to do a lllooooottttt more, seriously. A lot. He just needed his eyes open. Some days, he'll do very little, but mostly he brilliant. I do have a load of jobs that he has never done, but that fine. Just share about 90% of everything eh. :heartbeat: