How much do you drink at home?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsmay Posts: 76
Just wondering how much you would drink at home. I think dh is quite fond of the gargle, would drink every night if I was on for it. I don't mind sharing a bottle of wine with dinner but if we open one, he automatically opens a 2nd. I've said that I will only drink at the weekend, so now we would (if sitting in) share 2 bottles of wine on Friday and Saturday night. Heard the guy from the Rutland Centre on about drinking at home but even before that I was thinking that this is a bit much. What do you think or do?! Mrs May
Little Angel Posts: 913
Hi Mrs May Does he have a drink at home every night? If so how many drinks would he have
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Neither of us drink (for various reasons), but we have a stock of spirits etc. for visitors. My Mum drinks a glass (or two) of red wine a night to unwind. She reckons it's good for her heart (while puffing on another pack of silk cut!). I think drink is a problem if it affects other things...like going out at the weekend and having a hangover until Tuesday...or drunkiness affecting relationships...causing rows...affecting health... And drink is a problem if you feel it is a problem, even if you can't quite put your finger on it.
Daisy Doo Posts: 1091
I don't drink but h2b might get some cans of guiness in for himself for weekend (wer getting old and like to stay in now! :o0 ) if its not affecting your life and u dont feel you can get through the night without it then i doubt it's excessive
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
when we first bought our house we were like whooo hooo lets have a drink! and we did most nights, not a session but one or two beers etc. Now we only really drink at the weekends... when friends stay over etc. So once or twice a week
milis Posts: 7998
We'd have a bottle of wine on weekend nights. we've just run out-which is why I'm back on WOL. Like others have said, it's only a problem if it affects your relationship or work.
Betsy May Posts: 2168
I think we drink too much - we have a bottle of red between us 4 or 5 times a week. It doesn't cause a problem, I would just like to be a bit healthier. We don't drink beer or spirits unless we are out which seems to be pretty rare at the moment.
rigo Posts: 421
hi girls I am after having 3 bacardis tonight. so sorry if the spelling is a bit wrong ha ha. there is nothing wrong with realcing with a bottle of wine after a long hard week at work
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
[quote="hrigney":2jaujg97]hi girls I am after having 3 bacardis tonight. so sorry if the spelling is a bit wrong ha ha. there is nothing wrong with realcing with a bottle of wine after a long hard week at work[/quote:2jaujg97] :eek :o0 :hic :hic :hic
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
We would defo have a few drinks on Saturday nights and sometimes one or two on Fridays. Don't drink during the week at all, wouldn't be able to get up for work :hic :hic We don't go out too much with saving for the wedding so were happy enough sitting in :wv :wv