How much do you hate your job

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dee24 Posts: 608
Following on on the ideal job topic.......... Just wondering how many of us there are out there who really hate our jobs? I'm at the point now, where I hate it that much, I'm actually wouldnt care if they made me redundant/sacked me. I'd have no problem working in a shop at this stage. I dont care what they do anymore to either me or any of the staff.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I really f-ing hate it. Its the management more than the actual work (although there is very little of that and I often wonder in the morning how the hell I'm going to make it through another 8.5 hours of doing Sweet FA). The management are two obnoxious, w*nky, demeaning, nasty, ignorant assh*les and they couldn't give a monkey's toss about the staff. They speak to people and about people like they are crap. I hate them.
BETTYBOOP12 Posts: 164
I am the exact same at the stage now where i actually dread coming in and feel sick at the thought of it. if they let me go could get the dole til i find something else but if i walked out would get nothing so feel trapped. >:o( all we can do is keep watching out for jobs and apply away for anything half decent but there really seems to be feck all around and even if ya get an interview theres loads go for it kinda sucks >:o( anyway as everyone keeps telling me we are lucky to have a job and i suppose we are even if its torture :o0 :o0 :action34
Bakeswife Posts: 1098
Hey girls me too - loved my job for the first 7 yrs and then after restructuring was sent to totally new dept,hate it so much - feel sick on a sunday night at the thought of coming into work - went back to college last year by night and trained as a beautician and qualified last week - i am doing small bits of beauty at home for people but not enough obviously to leave this job -i wish i was back in my late teens or early 20's before my son and mortgage etc cos i would have headed off for a year or two travelling and not be stuck in a job i hate just so i can pay my bills...thank god i'm not the only one :-8
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
at the moment i'm not liking mine :weep I'm dreading getting up in the morning and i know some people will read this thread and think you are all lucky to have a job...yes i am but my dh has been out of work for two years so I know what that's like! I thnk im just going through a stage at the moment and i'm sure i'll get over it...thnk i need a holiday
Betty Boop - I'm exactly the same as you, cant afford to walk out, but if they sacked me or if I got redundancy, it would make things so much easier for me, cos at least the decision is out of my hands and I wouldnt feel guilty to Hubby. Also, this is gonna sound selfish and lazy, but I've realised in the last while, i'm just not cut out for a position in management. I'd be perfectly happy just working in a shop. But i'm afraid of what people would say to me if I went into a job like that becuase I'd literally be on just under a third of what i'm earning now..... I'm just not a very career oriented person - but I feel selfish for saying that :(
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think that we all go through phases of hating it, but I keep saying, how much do I love my pay packet, or better still, how much do I need it? much more than I hate the job that's for sure.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="mrs gk":4q1es4yu]I think that we all go through phases of hating it, but I keep saying,[b:4q1es4yu] how much do I love my pay packet[/b:4q1es4yu], or better still, how much do I need it? much more than I hate the job that's for sure.[/quote:4q1es4yu] I don't love my pay packet at all (even when they pay me on time!). I am on a crap salary - I was made redundant from my previous job and really had to take this one but I'm now on just about half what I was previously earning. Its true, I do need it though.
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I am not loving my job either at the moment, the thoughts of having to go back to work on a sunday evening is enough to drive me into despair. [quote:3e4m9s4n]but I've realised in the last while, i'm just not cut out for a position in management. I'd be perfectly happy just working in a shop. But i'm afraid of what people would say to me [/quote:3e4m9s4n] Oh I hear that one, I am in a management position and some days I would love to just be able to go to work with no responsibility, no stress etc ( I know everyone has stress in all jobs but grass is always greener) but I cant fecking afford to drop wages, have two mortgages to pay so have to earn a good salary and because jobs/companies are so uncertain at the moment I feel trapped doing a job I hate >:o( >:o( some days are worse than others but at the moment I am hating everything about it >:o(
SSF - I'm sorry you were made redundant, I hope my post didnt come across as being ungratefull or anything. I know everyone has phases where they hate their job - but I've hated my for the last year, is that a phase? Ah dont mean to whinging and moaning, its just a horrible feeling knowing that your stuck and knowing nothing is going to change unless I manage to find a new job. I'm looking all the time, so fingers crossed.