How much do you spend on a night out in town?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mkb Posts: 1744
Im in the process of trying to organise my mates hens. I have couple of different ideas but after asking a few people in work what they thought of them and also i was asking am i expecting people to pay too much for one night out ? i was looking to book one of the citie rooms in the Wright Venue. it is €100 per person for the night, But get an "exclusive"jazzed up room with a giant fridge filled with you drinks of choice, entry to the club and (i could of read this wrong) a limo or hummer service. its just 100 beans seems like an awful lot to be asking fo people for a night out!!! is it? It got me thinking how much do people or ye spend on a night out in town. lets just say pub first then night club. I always have few drinks at home before we head out to (save money)so when we do get into town i might spend about €50. am i stinge?? :o0
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
For a shared taxi in and out of town (usually as full a taxi as I can get it), admission, a few drinks and a bag of chips at the end... hmm probably[b:137ntcn7] €60ish.[/b:137ntcn7] If cashflow is low, like it usually is, I have a couple of drinks before I go out. I use to smuggle drink out with me but I dont like / want to do that anymore regardless of how much it saves me. I do think €100 is excessive alright. It does sound quite funky though but I doubt I'd ever pay that much.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Last time myself and OH went out - it cost €100 between us. We got a free lift home so that helped too. But I've seen us spending near €200 on a night out, we go out with a group of friends and that could of involved rounds, which I hate but they have to be done!
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
There are cheaper room rates than that in the wright venue :wv
yeah see i would be the same but the girls in work were saying to me thats thats not much at all. They think for an important occasion that €100 is fine and they were saying that would almost be the amount they would spend on normal night out!!!! I asked them were we working for the same company cos apparently they must be getting monthly bonuses to be spending that amount of money on a 1 night out. but in my head i'm thinking that could equal to. getting my hair washed and blow dried, :) a meal out early in the eve, drinks for the night and taxis and chipper on the way home. thats if i am carefull on how much i spend on drink if i spend too much on booze its drink link instead of taxi. Emjay is there? i must email and check it out properly, i never been out to it and I just saw the citie rooms on the website and thought they looked brill and would love to something thats out of the norm for her for the night. tks
Twirl Posts: 5598
We have defintely spent close to €200 and it is the rounds that kill it. Have to say i hate getting into rounds people drink at different paces and there is always the one that suddenly decides she wants a double vodka. When we were organising my hen, people started pulling out, it was a good deal €50euro for meal and bet and glass of sparkling wine. I changed it to somewhere more local and more people came,the meal was €22 and buy your own drink. But this one person, now i do like here but she was ordering loads of drinks at the table, then coffee after dinner ( it was a 3 course meal starter, main course, desert or glass of wine ). This person would actually arrive early with her bf for a meal out and would order a bottle of wine, and drink it, we would all arrive and order another to share with everyone and hers would be on the bill ( i just think thats not nice ) she would then order desert and coffee even though no one else is. Sorry for the rant i have a bee in my bonet over this as i was out of work at the time and all it should have cost me and hubby was 30euro ( we got a €10 burger and glass of wine each ) we ended up paying €80. Sorry for the rant there :wv
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
emjayd i don't know how i didn't see that but i think I love you :lvs :lvs thanks soo much you have made my day :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :thnk :thnk :thnk On another note mrsMM2010, i know exactly how you feel, I'm not exactly flush with money but I always allow myslef to be one of the people who get stuck covering for other peoples drinks when paying for a meal. it happend at my other mates birthday before. her family organised it all but then walked out and only paid for themselves not even for here. I had no problem paying for her meal but i drew the line at 4 double vodkas and coke that she drank. i didn't even drink a glass of wine myslef that night. i got very sharp with her family over for the first time ever and i called them back to pay for her drinks and said were spiltting the bill for her meal. it felt very good to empower myslef like that. :o0 :o0
Anahita Posts: 1161
€100 each is deffo not too much, esp for a friends hen night. I'm not sure of the exact figure but I'd def spend that on a night out between taxi's, drinks, admission fee, cloak room, burger on the way home :o0 Yum! Money just seems to evaporate on a night out, dunno where it goes :innocent: (behind the bar might be the best place to look!)
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="EmJayD":hqtcw5p6]http://www.thewrightvenue.ie/bon-appetitwv-hen-parties/[/quote:hqtcw5p6] That looks good!