How much does the average wedding cost these days?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
How much does the average wedding cost?
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Even with economising as much as we can. the hotel expenses are still the majority of our budget and there is not really any way to cut down on them. Still I am happy with the hotel and it is exactly what we were looking for so it is worth it to me. I have had serious thoughts about eloping though!!
chatter2cat Posts: 996
Er - you can spend less than E15,000 and still have the wedding of your dreams you know! :o0
oona Posts: 209
35,000 seems alot, just wondering what extras are ye going for?or is it that ye are having very large weddings?Many luxuries?
maybride08 Posts: 258
Our budget was originally 17000 and has stretched to 22000. We decided on a very basic wedding but then found that over-spent on the individual things that were very important to us.
mrssirfoxie Posts: 379
My wedding is costing us €5000 altogether i got almost everything from ebay saving us heaps :wv
murralm Posts: 607
i wouldnt like to say how much ours is costing,i might offend people but its more than the most on your poll and i saved on loads,reception is the killer.awe rae not having a big wedding either
Betsy May Posts: 2168
[quote="murralm":33r9zg02]i wouldnt like to say how much ours is costing,i might offend people but its more than the most on your poll and i saved on loads,reception is the killer.awe rae not having a big wedding either[/quote:33r9zg02] Snap - only a hundred people and not spending on trimmings like chair covers and favours etc. but spending on the venue, food and wine.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
[quote="chatter2cat":3vc61ywe]Er - you can spend less than E15,000 and still have the wedding of your dreams you know! :o0[/quote:3vc61ywe] Totally agree! Our wedding is costing 12000!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
[quote="GoldenBride":xnu8lyu4][quote="chatter2cat":xnu8lyu4]Er - you can spend less than E15,000 and still have the wedding of your dreams you know! :o0[/quote:xnu8lyu4] Totally agree! Our wedding is costing 12000![/quote:xnu8lyu4] Agreed! :o0 We had a fab day & honeymoon for 15k!