How much does the tooth fairy leave?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

craigsmrs Posts: 341
As the title asks, How much does the tooth fairy leave? Ds's first tooth fell out! Ive €4 (2 x €2) in my wallet.. Is €4 alright, or do I up & go to the ATM? ds is only 5!
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
I would think €2 is plenty! I will prob give that for the first one and then €1 for the rest. If DS' teeth EVER fall out. He's 6 and not one is even loose yet!
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
50p and that was loads I was delighted with myself! €4 is loads. Start as you mean to go on. At that age they don't really understand the value of money anyway.
streaks Posts: 3592
€4 is plenty! I certainly wouldn't be heading out to the ATM for more!!
I remember we used to get 20p! Wasnt sure what the 'thing' is now, he was tellin us how a boy in his class got a red paper money (€10) & I thought wow, thats a bit much... €4 it is so! Thanks :thnk
seans missus Posts: 1381
I teach junior infants and every time the tooth fairy visits the amounts vary from €2 to €10. The norm is usually €5. I think some of it is way over the top. There are some children in my class who get visited by the toothfairy at granny and grandads house aswell. Bit too much. I remember getting my first 20p coin for my tooth and it was a big deal! €4 is more than enough!
katiemomma Posts: 2690
dd gets €2 for each tooth and she has to put it in her piggy bank then. Its mostly €2 in her class. The odd €5 but the kids dont care as long as they get something.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
When DD1's first tooth fell out she got €2 and then €1 for the next few..
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
We used to get 10p, then it went up to 20p - I think I even got 50p once, my God you'd think I won the lotto, oh the innocence back then. What do you tell your kids what the tooth fairy does with the teeth? We used to think that the fairies used our teeth do make the white markings down the middle of the road - how the hell did my parents come up with that story??!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: I must ask my sister and two SILs what their kids think the tooth fairy does. But I think €4 is a lot for the tooth fairy, I'm sure there's a recession going in Fairyland too..... :)
He got €4, was absolutely delighted.. apparently he seen her too! She shone a light in his eye waking him up & he just seen her there! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Kids!