How much for Dental Treatment

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I had a check up at dentist tonight and had 2 x rays taken and 1 filling, it cost 80 euro. Have to go back next week and have 2 fillings done (dont know how much that will cost), I was just wondering how much people pay for a check up and how much fillings cost. I know if I had gone to the dentist on a more regular basis I prob wouldnt have had to have 3 fillings. I am one of those people with a fear of the dentist and freeze the moment I get into the chair and shiver while my teeth are being examined. I actually cry when filling is being done even though it doesnt hurt
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
I paid €45 for a check up last week and €75 for an extraction. No idea how much the fillings would be, would like to know coz I need 2!! From what you paid I'd say your PRSI covered the check up and x-rays and it was €80 for the filling.
Unfortunately PRSI doesnt cover anything for me as I am a public servant and dont pay a full stamp, The only thing is I can claim back a certain % of it from my union (about only thing they are good for)
mad woman Posts: 22106
and on your tax at the end of the year, its form med1
Tinkle Posts: 32
Your entitled to a free checkup every 12 months under PRSI and it also covers a set rate against fillings/ extractions and you pay the balance! Some dentists charge more than others! Check the website to see the amount which PRSI covers! Cringe...... best of luck :mrgreen:
[quote:9ojwafr3]and on your tax at the end of the year, its form med1[/quote:9ojwafr3] Is this the form where you claim back tax on any doctors/medicine over 125 euro. Thanks Tinkle but as I dont pay the full rate of PRSI the free check up doesnt apply to me
Just checked the revenue web site and routine dental treatment such as filings checkups is not covered :cry: O:|
Gabby Posts: 2873
Hi Miss Hopeful I hadn;t gone to the dentist in three years and when I went back this time I needed six fillings and three visits with the hygienist. The Hygienist is €65.00 a go and the fillings are around €80 each almost died when she gave me the bill its feckin massive but will teach me to go more often I suppose eventhough I hate it as much as you. hope this helps. My PRSI didn;t cover it either as I am 25 and once you turn 25 you have to have something like 260 weeks worked before you are covered and I only have 140 oe something awful like that. Serves me right. I should have done it last year and I would have been covered then.
Hi Miss Hopeful I hadn;t gone to the dentist in three years and when I went back this time I needed six fillings and three visits with the hygienist. The Hygienist is €65.00 a go and the fillings are around €80 each almost died when she gave me the bill its feckin massive but will teach me to go more often I suppose eventhough I hate it as much as you. hope this helps. My PRSI didn;t cover it either as I am 25 and once you turn 25 you have to have something like 260 weeks worked before you are covered and I only have 140 oe something awful like that. Serves me right. I should have done it last year and I would have been covered then.
woops sorry about the double post It told me it hadn;t been posted