Menu

How much milk for 17 mth old?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chica1 Posts: 793
Hi Ladies, Just wondering how much milk a 17 mth old should be drinking per day? My LO as 7oz going to bed at 7PM and 8oz at 5 or 6 AM. He doesn't eat too much cheese (even though I give him some most days) and he has a little yoghurt or two every day.
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Chica DD is the same at 20 months. I have made half hearted attempts at dropping her morning bottle but she loves her milk. Poor thing has been teething badly for what seems like forever so haven't pushed the bottle thing. She drinks water from a cup throughout the day but I'm dreading the battle of removing her bottles (am starting to feel like a bad mammy she still gets the bottle :-8 )
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
I give dd1 about the same but in a beaker. She wasn't impressed when the bottles went but was fine after a few days when she realised she wasn't getting any milk unless it came in a beaker! I would've left her with the bottles for longer but was due no 2 & said it was a case of doing it then or I'd have 2 babies to get off the bottle :wv
mrswifey Posts: 775
mine gets a beaker in the afternoon before her sleep, then a bottle at night before bed. So about 14 oz a day I would think.
Chica1 Posts: 793
Thanks Ladies.