How much spends for All inclusive in Mexico?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DottyGirl Posts: 76
Heading to Mexico next month for 10 days staying in an All Inclusive. We want to do a couple of trips and of course have money for tips. Anyone been and know roughly how much you need for spends?
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Don't mean to sound cheeky but it depends on the cost of the trips!!!! Where in Mexico are you going? Sometimes you can get the trips cheaper outside of the hotel, or can just go yourself, I'd expect a trip to start at $80 approx. We're going in nov, all our tips are included, but we'll still bring $1 got the porter etc, always handy to $1 bills with you!!
We're staying in Puerto Morelos just outside Cancun! I've been googling it and it seems about $1000 will be enough, hopefully!
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
we were in Mexico in June and brought about 1500USD and we had a good bit of change coming back depending on what you do it should be plenty it is quite cheap over there in general and it makes a big difference having all your food and drink included just make sure you have loads of 1 dollar bills for your tips staff in the hotels dont get paid an awful lot so the tips mean a lot to them
shootingstar Posts: 1340
We went to Mexico last year and the year before, and the first year we took around 1000USD, and we had the CC with us! We spent about 700USD on the first year doing trips etc! LAst year we took 500USD and spent it all! We didnt do any trips apart from 2 nights out of our hotel and a day in Cancun itself! Our hotel (Moon Palace) was about 50USD per couple return to Cancun. When going on a night out in Cancun make sure you go for an all inclusive deal that the reps sell you as you get all your drinks included in it, to go and buy all your drinks on the night out will end up costing you a fortune! As someone else has said, make sure you have plenty of $1 notes for tipping as it is very bug in the hotel, they will tell you its not necessary but I felt it was as the people are so good, nice and hard working over there. We had to pay something like 150USD tax to get outta the country so that was included in the money!
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
We are going to Los Cabos next week all inclusive in the dreams and I've budgeted 100euro per day which is roughly $1000USD. I think I'm being generous but I don't want us to be caught for money if we wanted to buy something nice :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll can't friggin wait, although its raining there at the moment :o(
shootingstar Posts: 1340
When we went last year the weather forcast wasnt great, but I have to say in reality it was FAB!!! there was one or two days overcast, but it was still warm, and BIL2B got blisters he got that much sunburn!
Oh brilliant! Can't wait, so so so excited! Have been living like a pauper the past few months trying to pay it off so can't wait to finally relax and live like a Queen for a few days!
[quote="fishermansbride":ddm1o9vd]We are going to Los Cabos next week all inclusive in the dreams and I've budgeted 100euro per day which is roughly $1000USD. I think I'm being generous but I don't want us to be caught for money if we wanted to buy something nice :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll can't friggin wait, although its raining there at the moment :o([/quote:ddm1o9vd] Doesnt seem to be raining now!
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
[quote="DottyGirl":2t9xszzi][quote="fishermansbride":2t9xszzi]We are going to Los Cabos next week all inclusive in the dreams and I've budgeted 100euro per day which is roughly $1000USD. I think I'm being generous but I don't want us to be caught for money if we wanted to buy something nice :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll can't friggin wait, although its raining there at the moment :o([/quote:2t9xszzi] Doesnt seem to be raining now! [/quote:2t9xszzi] Wow looks fab in cancun but we'll be on the west coast in los cabos Looks nice but maybe they just need to clean the lens cover from the rain hee hee!!!!