Menu

How much?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
Back to this subject again. how much did you all pay for your dress, the best dress ive tried on so far is €2,040, and i tried on another nice dress for €980 but still not as nice as the first one, is this mad money or should i keep looking? what you think girls?
Tinker Bell Posts: 875
My dress cost €1,200 but when you inclued the veil, tiara and alterations it came to a total of €2,000 in Alexandra Brides. Tinker Bell *)
Thats what im thinking by the time i get shoes, veil etc a fortune will be spent, i will look another bit and if i dont see anything else i will go back, i still have time.
SaJa Posts: 4282
My dress cost €700 but with alterations, tiara & shoes it comes to €1,000. I'm delighted. I couldn't justify paying €2,000 or €3,000 for a dress. But its your choice at the end of the day and your budget, so go for what you really want. Best of luck. :wv
Thanks Saja budget is a lot less than that im doing a course as well so bit of money into it! so just made another appointment for another shop and have another look. Thanks girls!
La Bella Moglie Posts: 204
Don't look at dresses outside of your budget. Just because you compromise on budget doesn't mean you have to compromise on style or settling for second best.
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
My budget was €1500, and I ended up spending €2,900 on mine. I just [u:3psiyi4s]knew[/u:3psiyi4s] it was the one. And if it is, its priceless.
thanks muffinmel, i had no idea what prices were like when i started looking, just went with the flow and anything that was nice just tried it on...i want to make my mind up soon so i can concentrate on other things.
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
If it comes to it December Bride, knock 20 off your guest list....!
ha ha that reminds me i must go over the list again and we do have to shorten it!