How much time did you take off before the wedding day?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sciencegirl Posts: 428
Booking my time off for our wedding next year and was wondering is when are all you Saturday brides finishing up? I was thinking of finishing up on the Tuesday as we're heading down to the hotel on Thursday(initially thought of finishing on Wednesday but that was maddness >:o) ). We are also taking off three weeks for our HM :o)ll Does this sound about right? When did you finish up with work before the big day?
frillynickers Posts: 1765
We're getting married on a friday so im taking from the monday that week on off plus three weeks after. Then again depending what I need to get done that week I might not need all that time off so I'll wait and see but have provisionally booked it off anyway.
chaos Posts: 1904
i can only finish on the thursday on a half day for our saturday wedding. the honeymoon is 2 week and i just dont have that many days to play with.
June09SoExcited Posts: 598
I'm finishing up the previous Friday but I'm UK based and coming home for the wedding. Will go home on the Saturday and have the week at home to do last minute bits and pieces. :wv
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
We're getting married on a Saturday, so I'm taking the 5 days before the wedding off and three weeks after, so the whole month of December. I cant wait!
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
I'm on the Friday and going to take a half day on the Tuesday. Going on honeymoon for 4 weeks so don't have that many days to take before wedding.
Excited2010 Posts: 777
Im hopefully going to take that wk before off as we are getting married on the saturday then 3 weeks after wedding day so basically the month of May :o)ll going to try save as much leave as i can between now and then
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
im getin married on new years day and we normally close on the 21st or 22nd december so will have from then off till the big day and not sure how long honeymoon is going to be yet
Twirler Posts: 1644
I'm getting married on a Friday and I'll finish up the previous Friday. The Monday's a bank holiday anyway so it's only taking 3 days holidays.
Lillypip Posts: 59
I'm London based. Getting married on the Friday and plan to finish up work for 4 weeks the Friday before and drive home on the Saturday. :o)ll