How much to pay priest

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sinmcc22 Posts: 23
How much do you pay the priest day of the wedding. What is the going rate
annhan Posts: 214
I havent asked yet but sis told me its 150 euro???
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
I was thinking about €300 but our lad is getting a flight home from Italy, so wanted to cover that too...
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Im giving the priest that is marrying us €200 and the priest doing our paperwork €100.
x_x Posts: 1823
My Mum told me I should be budgeting to give the priest €500, the sacristan €150 and about €30 per altar boy. I thought that was a bit much and judging from this thread...it is!
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:19yzgnie]I'm going to give the priest marrying us €250, not giving the priest who did the pre-nup anything, didn't think you had to. Not being funny but I don't see why really. Would pay sacristan €100 maybe & altar servers (actually, not sure bout them, children are so hard to please these days!) :wv [/color:19yzgnie]
sinmcc22 Posts: 23
€300 seems about right girls. Thanks thats a great help
josiegrosie Posts: 152
In our case the church (not in our parish) is €500 and we need to get our own priest in. The €500 includes sacristans etc, but what should I pay the priest?
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
actually did anyone else do an accord wedding course and if so did the guest priest speaker spend a dubious amount of time hammering home that youve got to be paying the priest? he reckoned 250 or there abouts... perhaps the patron saint of inappropriate appeared to him in a dream and gave him that figure
Betsy May Posts: 2168
[quote="AnthonyHutton":76xhylv0]actually did anyone else do an accord wedding course and if so did the guest priest speaker spend a dubious amount of time hammering home that youve got to be paying the priest? he reckoned 250 or there abouts... perhaps the patron saint of inappropriate appeared to him in a dream and gave him that figure[/quote:76xhylv0] :o0 I didn't do the Accord course but I did hear from someone else, paying the priest was high on the lecture....sorry, discussion agenda. Our parish priest wanted nothing for doing the pre-nup - "sure you pay your dues, don't you" - and we do, but I will probably give him an extra €100 in the next envelope as he was very accommodating. The priest celebrating the mass is a family friend but we'll probably give him €300 as we support his society's missionary work anyway.