how much to spend on gifts?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mar08 Posts: 310
was thinking 100 each for bridesmaids and groomsmen... paying for parents in hotel - is that enough??
NowGone Posts: 8042
More than enough - that's extremely generous!
ah thats grand, thansk for that
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
Mar08, we had decided against paying for GM & BM in hotel but it was questioned there at the weekend, would €100 towards cost of hotel as a present suffice? Don't want to sound scabby but the hotel accommodation just wasn't factored into the budget and we are already seriously over it!
we are not paying for the hotel rooms for GM/BM. we are only paying for our parents as a thank you to them.
[quote="madhatter":2m1n7xrq]Mar08, we had decided against paying for GM & BM in hotel but it was questioned there at the weekend, would €100 towards cost of hotel as a present suffice? Don't want to sound scabby but the hotel accommodation just wasn't factored into the budget and we are already seriously over it![/quote:2m1n7xrq] Paying for the BM/GM etc accomodation is fairly unusual. I think a 100 pressie remains very generous!
is 100 too much? what do people usually spend/buy?
[quote="Mar08":34tw0tp2]is 100 too much? what do people usually spend/buy?[/quote:34tw0tp2] I would have thought that 50 - 100 would be the norm.
great thansk, have no idea what i am buying yet! ah well
Anonymous Posts: 24542
i think everyone is the best judge of this themselves to be honest. we're only having one bridemaid and the best man. they're our respective best friends who have been hugely supportive over the years so we're paying for their rooms in the hotel the night of the wedding and giving gifts of 150e to each. work out what you can afford yourselves and i'm sure they'll be delighted with whatever gesture you agree...