How much weight have you put on??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
Just been nosey really... I'm 21 wks 2day!.. have been saying since i found out that i dont care if i even put on 3 or 4 stone in my pregnancy once d baby is healthy!! :xox Just wonderin tho how much people have put on tho?? I stood on d scales this mornin... have bout 9 lbs on... How does this sound at this stage?? Hope everyones well!!.. its just so exciting isnt it!. :o)ll :o)ll
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
I'd say your probably right on track, think docs say anything from 21-28lbs is perfect provided you were not over weight to begin with. However you could be just like me and throw the diet books out the window and the weighing scales with it :o0 Have no idea what I gained in total, but I know that 6 weeks after DS was born I weighed myself and I had 15lbs to lose to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Which I did by the time DS was 5 months.
LMR Posts: 1925
Far far too much. Have put on around 10 kilos :o( :o( :o( Had a friend who put on 55 lbs in both her pregnancies though and she's normally tiny. A lot of it can depend on how much fluid you retain (she was literally all water!!)
Emme Posts: 4735
at your stage I was 2 stone up and the diet books and scales went the same way as Mrs. Mums! Haven't weighed myself since but I look grand and still in two pairs of my pre pregnancy jeans. Eating well and walking as much as possible, can't do more than that!
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
I am 19 weeks and seem to have put on 9-11lbs (goes up and down depending on water retention). I have one of those body fat analyser scales, though, and apparently have lost 1% fat.. so remember it's not all about the number on the scales. I was about 1 stone overweight when I got pg which means I should be gaining less.. though in practice, I don't see how this would be possible. I was quite sick for the first trimester (only stopped being sick in week 16, and still throw up from time to time), have an aversion to chocolate, sweets and meat, am not drinking alcohol anymore (obviously) and still walking about 8000-10000 steps a day (plus doing pg yoga and some other stuff). I weigh myself every day and am keeping a keen eye on what I eat. Honestly eating NO junk and still gaining.. so how I would be expected to only gain 15lbs?? Read someone somewhere really giving out about this 15-25lbs figure for overweight ladies, as 21lbs is all baby so if you only gained 15lbs, you'd actually have to lose 7lbs - when they don't want you to diet? I am aiming for 25-28lbs if I can.. but I will follow my body. Not going to stress about it.
Sassy Posts: 2269
I was very like you and said i don't care what weight i put on but i ended up putting on 31/2 stone during my pregnancy. Most of it going on at the last 10 weeks. I got it off now thought
theoracle Posts: 7664
I don't know. I do not weigh myself. That way I do not worry about it! :o0
pattie Posts: 2379
Nearly 3 stone so far, I put on 3 stone 3lbs with DD but lost all but 10 lbs in the first month, the rest came off 9 months later. I was chatting to a very slim friend the other day who told me she put on 5 stone with her 3rd child :eek , she lost it all within weeks as it was mostly fluid.
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Just over two stone at the moment ... but I'm trying to convince myself it's because the baby is measuring big for it's stage, and I am as swollen as bedamned, so praying that once the swelling goes down, the weight will come off as well. Hoping to breastfeed which I've heard is just a miracle worker when it comes to helping loosing the pounds after birth :o0
pattie Posts: 2379
[quote="hopingforsoon":3fivcxey]Hoping to breastfeed which I've heard is just a miracle worker when it comes to helping loosing the pounds after birth :o0[/quote:3fivcxey] Yes, I can vouch for it! Actually, I had so much weight to lose it was an additional motivating factor in the early days.