How much wine?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

po Posts: 439
I'm supplying my own wine for the wedding and not buying it from the hote.I'm just wondering how much wine roughly per person? I have heard its half a bottle per person - hotel measures is that 2 glasses per person as i know my measure at home would get me less per person. :o0 Plusi tend to be heading towrds ordering more white than red.What generlly would the % / ratio white to red be. I suppose that a bit of a hard question to answere, would really depend on your guests. As far as i know most of the people woiuld be more inclined to drink white. Thanks
contented Posts: 2625
Po How many guests are you having? I ordered 8 cases of red and 6 of white for our wedding. We served the wine at our drinks reception before the meal as well as with the meal. We were left with 3 cases of red and 2 of white after the wedding. We had 260 sitting.
duffgirl78 Posts: 160
Hi po. I asked my hotel how much wine I would need. The co ordinator said that the norm was 1 bottle per 3 people. Thats a glass with dinner and a glass for the toast. I dont know if this helps. Also, IMO most people will drink white over red.
Hi Contented, Our numbers are around 180. I was only really planning on serving it with the dinner & the toast. Did you know more of guests would drink red? That was good going with your wine.
thanks duffgirl 78. Ya i would have though more people would drink white than red. Maybe thats becuase i drink white. :o0
Po Anyone I spoke to said to get more red than white as it this is seems to be the trend with weddings. You are having about a third less then me so I'd go for 5 red and 4 white. You will most likely be left with some bottles but you could ask your supplier if they will take it back and refund you. I kept on to mine and a friend bought 3 cases from me. I now only have about 8 bottles of red and 4 white left and they'll do for any dinner parties we'll have. Contented
thanks Contented. I wouldn't mind having some left over becuase we are having something the day after so we could use it for that. :thnk
Well in that case Po I'd get 5 cases of each. Just to be on the safe side.