How much would you pay for a one man band?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrssirfoxie Posts: 379
Just a quick question out of curiosity ladies, how much would you expect to pay a one man band to play for your wedding he is only playing from 9.30pm to midnight and the one i have booked is charging us €450 for that, we think its a bit steep what do you think??
katlong Posts: 121
I don't think that's steep at all. 2 and a half hours is the standard playing time I would have thought, and considering he has to lug all the speakers etc by himself. that could cost about 200 by itself
mrssirfoxie Posts: 379
Thanks for the reply Katlong i was just wondering if it was reasonable as he is not the best one man band in the world and was the last bloke i would have picked for my wedding party but he was all i could get at the last minute when the other group split up, i really am not sure if i want to stick to him for the night as someone else who is just brilliant that i know has offered to do it for us for 3 hrs on the night for just €250
Vee77 Posts: 91
Hi I am booking a one man band to come after the main band, instead of a DJ, from midnight to 2am. He is great, and a professional musician, and he is charging €300, for that time of night. So I think €450 is abit steep!
yogasiva Posts: 18
Can you give me the contact details? What kind of music does he play? Thanks! [quote="Vee77":2x11kqqt]Hi I am booking a one man band to come after the main band, instead of a DJ, from midnight to 2am. He is great, and a professional musician, and he is charging €300, for that time of night. So I think €450 is abit steep![/quote:2x11kqqt]