How much would you pay for makeup and upstyle?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Flapjack Posts: 308
As a wedding guest to a wedding? I'm going to a wedding in June, and would like to get a nice upstyle for it - the last few blow dries I have gotten haven't lasted, and to be honest I think I could have done a better job myself! So how much do you think is reasonable for an upstyle and makeup? I'm in south Dublin in case that matters.
Ellefun Posts: 1312
As a wedding guest I usually go to BTS to get my makeup done. I love the Laura Mercier or MAC counters. That's about €20 and for a really good upstyle I've paid €50 on one occassion and €40 other times.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hiya Flapjack. I'm getting both done for a wedding this Saturday. Upstyles can be 40/50 quid in most hairdressers but I'm going to one in Celbridge where it's only 30. I've never had an upstyle with them before but have had cuts etc... still a bit nervous about how it will turn out though! Getting my make up done in Inglot in Liffey Valley for €25 - I have my own lashes and can put them on, if I were getting those too it would be 40 quid. Inglot are cheaper than Mac afaik. If you are in South Dublin would Inglot in Dundrum suit you?
One of the salons around where I live was saying €120 for makeup and upstyle. I was thinking it was a bit pricy, and sounds like I was right. The wedding I'm going to is 2.5 hrs away, so having hair and make up done in the one place (which is also close to home) was sounding very handy. I'll see if I can find something else, but I'm not going to have time to go to Dundrum or town - the wedding is at 2, so I'll have to leave the house at 11.30 at the latest. Such a pain :(
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="Flapjack":15pbey9i]One of the salons around where I live was saying €120 for makeup and upstyle.[/quote:15pbey9i] Christ almight - just for you like?! That's ridiculous!! Could you not book in for hair at 9am in Dundrum then make up at 10 downstairs in Inglot and be outta there at 11, straight home, change and leg it? Not sure where you are based so not sure if that's do-able time wise though!
Yeah, I was thinking that, but I think I'd b cutting it too close. I'll figure something out! Hadn't gotten an upstyle or makeup done in yonks, so had no idea of the price. Glad I asked!
mrsmcdreamy Posts: 880
I'm in Munster and its €30 - €35 for upstyle and €20 for makeup. Never realised before but it sounds like a bargain now. Wouldn't pay €120 for it.