How often you see your consultant & gp

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby4me Posts: 455
hi girls just wondering how often you have seen your gp and your consultant 4 weeks - gp for confirmation 12 weeks - hospital scan 17 weeks - Consultant 21 weeks - GP 23 weeks Consultant ( this is my next appontment) Does this sound ok?????????? or have ye been seen more than this??? what is the time line after this anyone know???????? thanks girls
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Hi Baby this was the same for me I did combined care with my private consultant and it sounds the same as you. In between my consultant appointments I saw my Gp for the usual BP and urine tests and listening to the hearbeat. Then it gets more frequent near the end of the pregnancy Good Luck MrsNoc
Wannabamama Posts: 481
I cant really advise as im only 12 Weeks but im doing combined care between GP and Consultant. So far 1st App to Confirm at 4.5 Weeks 2nd App with consulatant and scan at 8 Weeks 3rd App with GP geneal check at 12 Weeks Next App with consultant and scan at 16 weeks GP said to come back to him 2 weeks after my 16 week check with consultant.
Topolino Posts: 1659
First scan: 8 weeks Further scans: Every three weeks Big scan: 20 weeks Visit to obstetrician and gynae: Every three weeks Blood & urine tests: Every three weeks So it's been every three weeks for everything for me! I think now that I'm getting nearer my due date, it'll be every week or two.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
God girls you are being seen a lot GP - 5 weeks to confirm GP - 12 weeks GP - 19 weeks Hospital - 20 weeks GP - 24 weeks Hospital - 29 weeks GP - 32 weeks Im nearly 28 weeks and have only been seen 5 times.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
GP @ 4 weeks to confirm Gyne @ 8weeks for early scan (got bloods and urine done also) Gyne @12 weeks for scan GP @ 16 weeks, heard baby's heartbeat, got urine and blood pressure checked. Gyne @20 weeks (today). He is meeting me in maternity for scan as equipment is bettter.
charli Posts: 5994
think as a rule of thumb its sort of every 4 weeks For me it was; 4 weeks - GP 12 weeks - hospital 16 weeks - GP 20 Weeks - GP 24 Weeks - GP 26 weeks - hospital appointment next week i think after 32 weeks they may reduce to fortnightly, alternating between the 2
agie Posts: 1107
First pregnancy going private - heres whats happened for me. think gyne prefers to see his patients each visit instead of combining care with gp 4 weeks @ GP for pregnancy confirmation 8 weeks gyne scan 12 weeks gyne scan 16 weeks gyne scan 20 weeks scan hospital 22 weeks gyne scan have no schedule for after 22 weeks yet
bluebell07 Posts: 182
5 weeks - GP to confirm 12 weeks - GP 18 weeks - Consultant was told to go back to doc in 5 weeks and hosp in 10 weeks so... 23 weeks - GP 28 weeks - hospital don't know after that... so only been seen twice really since I first went to doc to tell him!!
breeze Posts: 1175
im doing combined care. So i see my GP every four weeks then see the consultant four weeks after that. Im due back to the hsp next week - 31 weeks :eek :eek :eek