How organised are you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

EatLoveSleep Posts: 285
For the new arrival? I am trying to have it all done for week 34 in case i go early and if not so i can relax and know it is all sorted. I have been picking up few small bits each week and paying off for the bigger things - buggy, furniture etc.
tribesdoll Posts: 295
It took me AGES to decide on a buggy - I didn't order it until 2 weeks ago, and yer man in the shop was looking at me saying it was a good job I wasn't leaving it any later! Once I had that done I was away! Have the hospital bag done, a deposit on the buggy, the nursery furniture and baby monitor (all of which my family will pick up and put together while I'm in hospital). I need to clear out the baby's room yet and put up the border and blind. And I need to sort out a moses basket and mattress. I'm fairly organised person but didn't really start doing anything until 30 weeks - I just thought that doing the baby stuff towards the end of my pregnancy would make the time pass a bit faster. My friend had everthing done when she was about 24 weeks, and found the last few weeks very long.
lush11 Posts: 2877
Im 32 weeks and almost completely organised but im a bit of a control freak anyway. I like to be over prepared rather than under prepared. I still have one or 2 things on my list to get, small things and a lot of family are getting us the big things. Ive stocked up on nappies and everything like that. Also im trying to keep on top of house work also and ive a few things on my list to do there too. My mother is coming up when i'll be about 37/38 weeks and we're going to wash floors and change beds, etc so that there will be nothing for me to do when i get back from hospital.
Daff Posts: 11644
last time it was all done really by 30 weeks. Once baby was 'viable' and I knew that if anything happened she'd have a good chance then I felt I needed to get everything in order and sorted in case she made an appearance. I'm a very organised person though so mentally had it all done from day one :o0 most of it done by 25 weeks and then final bit done at 30. I'm 26 now and really need to get my ass in gear. Have my list done up just need to go shop, but not much on it to get this time round.
Augustmum Posts: 686
This is our first and I would be a fairly organised person as OP said rather be over prepared rather than under! Only got these bits in the last few weeks as I don't want the last 10 weeks or so to drag iykwim I'm nearly 27 weeks and have: buggy & car seat sterilizer 4 TT bottles (incase baby doesn't like those) 6 baby grows (DH will buy more when baby is born) 8 vests 4 mitts nappys What else do I need for hospital? Does anyone have a list of what I need? :thnk Thanks girls, first time mommy here :-8
mamabelle Posts: 1101
I'm nearly 35 weeks and have one nightie in a plastic bag... In fairness it's our No 3 so I know we do have lots of baby grows etc somewhere - but we've moved house and the baby stuff is probably all in the garage filthy... I'm not too concerned though - the child won't refuse to come out just because I don't have disposable knickers and a fan.
MrsDr Posts: 1316
Im 32 weeks and 3 days.. > Babys room - Done > Travel System - Done > Enough neutral baby grows for the first week - Done > Vests, mits and hats - Done > Labour bag - Nearly done > Hospital Bag - Not done > Nappies - Done > Collect Moses basket, sterilizer, bouncer from friend, monitors - Not done > Antenatal classes - Done > House work - Hoping to do while on ML >MB10 form - Done I feel a bit more relaxed now, knowing I have a good bit sorted O-O Like another wollie said babs will still come, it wont care if the floors arent washed or you only have a 3 pack of babygros bought. Relax, it will all come together.
mamabelle Posts: 1101
Damn - MB10 form... :duh: Babs will come but it'd be nice if the pay cheque did too! Thanks for the reminder!
EatLoveSleep Posts: 285
[quote="mamabelle":8c8x3h0r]I'm nearly 35 weeks and have one nightie in a plastic bag... In fairness it's our No 3 so I know we do have lots of baby grows etc somewhere - but we've moved house and the baby stuff is probably all in the garage filthy... I'm not too concerned though - the child won't refuse to come out just because I don't have disposable knickers and a fan.[/quote:8c8x3h0r] Very true the child will come either way. I just would prefer to be prepared and ready. I would hate to be rushing around looking for things at the very end or having someone else do it for me while in hospital. Too much stress and hassle.
bubblegum Posts: 340
[quote="mamabelle":3tfyue6o]I'm nearly 35 weeks and have one nightie in a plastic bag... In fairness it's our No 3 so I know we do have lots of baby grows etc somewhere - but we've moved house and the baby stuff is probably all in the garage filthy... I'm not too concerned though - the child won't refuse to come out just because I don't have disposable knickers and a fan.[/quote:3tfyue6o] :yelrotflmaosmilie: I nearly got sick laughing at this! thats gas!