How realistic is my budget?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jams Posts: 368
Hiya Everyone, so my budget has already doubled & to be honest I haven't a clue where to start!! So this is how im getting on so far! Please feel free to suggest where i may be underestimating & overestimating!! where Ive typed BOQ thats based on a quote Ive received! K so.. [b:63z03xs8]Church..[/b:63z03xs8] Booking deposit 200 Actual Legal Fees 300 Guess Priest 250 Guess Priest (travel & Acc) 150 Kinda Actual Sacristan 50 Guess Altar Servers 30 Guess Church Singer 400 Guess Flowers 600 Guess (bride, 4 bms , fg, 9 buttonholes & 12 pew ends) [b:63z03xs8]Reception..[/b:63z03xs8] Hotel 8394 Actual based on 120 @ 69.95/head Band & DJ 1800 BOQ Cake 300 BOQ Photographer 1100 Guess (Dont mind CD Only) Videographer 1275 BOQ [b:63z03xs8]Clothing[/b:63z03xs8] Suits (Hire) 8 & pb 1000 Guess Shoes & accessories 500 Guess Brides dress & Access 1500 Guess/ kinda actual 4 Bm's & 1 fg 1000 Guess *Note; deliberately didnt include cars, theyre not needed!! so, what have i missed! feel sick after actually listing it!!! :duh: *edited to say 120 not 130 for hotel!! & why is there a pink champagne ad on my post??!
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Your guesses sound pretty realistic. If it helps you at all, I've found a photographer who is doing a great package for me for 1250e. This includes: 1 storybook album, 2x parent albums, 50x Thank You Cards, 1 large framed photo that the guests will sign on the day, voucher for a baby shoot valid for 5 years after wedding and a CD of all photos. So if I an get all this for 1250, a CD only package should be MUCH cheaper! I think the only way to cut back is to reduce the guest list. I'm only having 34 at my wedding and then inviting a few extras for the evening. I just couldn't afford to get married if I didn't do it this way. It's still costing around 7.5k though, and that's without cars, favours, videographer, cake... I'm having cupcakes which are 2e each (will have 35 of them). My Grandad has a couple of good video recorders so him and my Dad will be recording the day. Don't need cars as ceremony is in the church opposite my hotel. Not bothering with favours. I'm only having 2 bridemaids too. From what you've listed, there is a lot of 'luxuries' there that you could cut out. A wedding singer can be replaced with a CD for example and a videograher isn't a necessity. I know you want the wedding of your dreams, but if you can't afford it, the reality is that you need to cut back.
[quote="MichelleMyBelle":90t8sb3a]I've found a photographer who is doing a great package for me for 1250e. This includes: 1 storybook album, 2x parent albums, 50x Thank You Cards, 1 large framed photo that the guests will sign on the day, voucher for a baby shoot valid for 5 years after wedding and a CD of all photos. So if I an get all this for 1250, a CD only package should be MUCH cheaper! :wv[/quote:90t8sb3a] Could you pm me the details michellemybelle, We're not getting married til May 2012, so we've a lot of time to save, but 20grand is the absolute Highest, it juts wouldnt be possible to save anymore with 2 young kids.. That sounds like a great offer youre getting there! :compress
No problem hun, I'll PM you now. 20,000 is a great budget to have, I'm sure you could have a fabulous day on this! It's just all about shopping around for a great deal. Just out of interest, have you included chair covers and corkage in your hotel price? And also you need to think about hair and make up for you and the bridesmaids. It's never ending isn't it!! Also a pre marriage course if you're having a Catholic ceremony...
[quote:3vtsffdd]have you included chair covers and corkage in your hotel price?[/quote:3vtsffdd] theyre included in hotel package! well covers are, dont know anything bout corkage!! toast drink & champagne reception , as well as half bottle of wine per guest during dinner are included too! [quote:3vtsffdd]And also you need to think about hair and make up for you and the bridesmaids. [/quote:3vtsffdd] never even thought of it.. or the pre marriage course!! arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!! :duh: :duh: :duh:
I'm having a civil cermemony so I have no idea how much a pre marriage course is! But if you ask the question, someone will tell you on here. Make up is about 50-60e per person and I'm not sure on hair yet... With 4 bridesmaids, it's gonna get pricey!! How about Invitations? These are normally between 1.50 - 5e per invite! And then if you want RSVP's, Mass Booklets etc.
MidnightJasmine Posts: 238
[quote="MichelleMyBelle"]I'm having a civil cermemony so I have no idea how much a pre marriage course is! But if you ask the question, someone will tell you on here. Make up is about 50-60e per person and I'm not sure on hair yet... I'd say the quote for video sounds very pricey to me. I was shocked when I saw that quote TBH.
chrystal Posts: 863
This might help, I was given it when I started planning by another wollie and finding it invaluable. http://www.waterfordweddings.com/budget.htm Have commented on your post below [b:82bu7b7z]Church..[/b:82bu7b7z] Booking deposit 200 Actual OUR CHURCH IS FREE OF CHARGE Legal Fees 300 Guess 150 FOR REGISTRATION AND 150 FOR PRE MARRIAGE COURSE Priest 250 Guess Priest (travel & Acc) 150 Kinda Actual Sacristan 50 Guess Altar Servers 30 Guess Church Singer 400 Guess Flowers 600 Guess (bride, 4 bms , fg, 9 buttonholes & 12 pew ends) DO YOU NEED PEW ENDS? 600 FOR ALL THIS MIGHT BE CHEAP! [b:82bu7b7z]Reception..[/b:82bu7b7z] Hotel 8394 Actual based on 120 @ 69.95/head Band & DJ 1800 BOQ Cake 300 BOQ WE ARE MAKING OUR OWN 3 TIER FOR UNDER €150 Photographer 1100 Guess (Dont mind CD Only) YOU CAN GET CHEAPER THAN THIS IF YOU WANT CD ONLY Videographer 1275 BOQ CAN A FRIEND DO THIS? [b:82bu7b7z]Clothing[/b:82bu7b7z] Suits (Hire) 8 & pb 1000 Guess DO YOU NEED TO DRESS 9 IN SUIT HIRES? Shoes & accessories 500 Guess Brides dress & Access 1500 Guess/ kinda actual 4 Bm's & 1 fg 1000 Guess CHECK OUT THE SALES AND THE BUY AND SELL SECTION HERE, YOU MIGHT GET A BARGAIN. *Note; deliberately didnt include cars, theyre not needed!! Can you cut down the size of the bridal party? You will also need wedding rings and possibly make up and hair appointments, gifts for wedding party, parents, grandparents, invitations and thank you cards, unity candles and don't forget the honeymoon and next day expenses. Hope this doesn't scare you too much! Happy wedding planning. :wv
chrystal Posts: 863
Another expense I forgot to mention was dress alterations and we have a contingency fund of €500 for other things we have forgotten or that may crop up. :duh: When is your big day and what is your budget?
OH GOD! O:| I was sitting upstairs drying my hair when i was putting my ering back on after the shower i thought s*&t RINGS!! Invitations.. My mam is gonna do! Shes a lil legend! Ill help.. but art wasnt a good point in school! [quote:1tvupn15]Flowers 600 Guess (bride, 4 bms , fg, 9 buttonholes & 12 pew ends) DO YOU NEED PEW ENDS? 600 FOR ALL THIS MIGHT BE CHEAP![/quote:1tvupn15] No suppose i dont need pew ends.. I dont think id miss them! [quote:1tvupn15]Suits (Hire) 8 & pb 1000 Guess DO YOU NEED TO DRESS 9 IN SUIT HIRES?[/quote:1tvupn15] There's h2b, my dad, step dad, ffil, bm, 3 gm, & pb! Dont think i can leave one out! I cant really reduce bridal party, they were all picked because theyre important and special to us & we couldnt pick between them.. Oh god! Oh God! ehhhh right.. so, i was never too keen on the videographer but everyone ive spoken to that hasnt says they wish they had! I suppose we can shop around some more! Oh also, i think we may be able to bypass the pre marriage course as we already have children together, must speak to priest about that!! Church still wont let us book but thats another story! hair & make up how did i leave that out.. :duh: Silly Girl! ALTERATIONS!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Well I may get back to the drawing board! :ooh