How safe is it to drink non-alcoholic bevvies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittysue Posts: 1016
...like wine and beer........just as cover ups I'll only drink 1 or 2 if I absolutly have to.....coz the minute I refuse a drink they'll know I'm pregnant
*seahorse Posts: 1122
Kittysue, as far as I know there is NO reason u can't have as many non-alcoholic drinks while pregnant. It's the alcohol that they say "might" affect unborn baby and if there is no alcohol then there is no risk. BTW - I drank wine during all of my pregnancies, sometimes a glass on a friday night, sometimes 3 glasses at Christmas and Im not ashamed, it didn't do any harm and I have found no evidence to convince me ....
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
Seahorse, i have no problem with ladies having vino either during pregnancy, in fact i remember when i was younger my aunties used to have a glass of stout for iron... so last night i thought, as i was feeling bit better to open nice bottle of red for DH and thought i'd treat myself to a glass.. so i took the first mouthful but unfortunately i did NOT enjoy it... so yet another one of my favourite things i've gone off!!! :o( :o(
kittysue Posts: 1016
Thanks sea-horse...... I think a glass of wine is pretty harmless my-self.....but will propably try to stay off the stuff until after the 12 weeks just to on the safe side. So becks and calibar it is then.....or does anyone drink calibar anymore?/
OH Lucky you MTW, I wish I had gone off it. I actually crave alcohol & cigarettes when pregannt, more than I do when I'm not....it's awful. Only a few days left Please God anyway! Yep, Kittysue I think u'll be abs fine with as much non alcoholic as u like ( but u will have to pretend to b drunk!! :o0 :o0 ) or they'll catch on pretty quick!
i was so lucky that i'd quit smokin a few months before bfp!!!!
[quote:cem2z609]i was so lucky that i'd quit smokin a few months before bfp!!!![/quote:cem2z609] Well done you!!! I'm dying for one, probably one of the first things I'll do when I deliver :-8
crikeys that would be the least you deserve after being without them for that lenght of time... i'm not sure whether or not i'll ever go back on them... i always think it's like any addiction... once a smoker, always a smoker!!!
Guilty of that too, have had about 10 during this pregnancy! O:| Think ur right though, Ive never given up successfully (except when pregnant) Maybe someday. U should try ur best to stay off them, u've done the hard part now!!!
dhidra Posts: 3147
[quote="kittysue":25yr7on3]Thanks sea-horse...... I think a glass of wine is pretty harmless my-self.....but will propably try to stay off the stuff until after the 12 weeks just to on the safe side. So becks and calibar it is then.....or does anyone drink calibar anymore?/[/quote:25yr7on3] Don't think you can get Kaliber anymore. I'm on Erdinger at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it! Aldi/Lidl do a nice one as well but it's a shandy rather than a non-alcoholic beer. Still less than 1% though.