How soon can I go home from Holles st. with baby?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi girls, just want to ask, see if anyone knows how soon will I be allowed home from Holles st. after having baby ? I'm going public..not doing midwife scheme or anything just going in as normal public patient..likw idea of going home as soon as I could,taking into account I hope to have epidural obviously longer but how long do they expect you to stay? much rather be at home after or as soon as?? tks
lollyfp Posts: 2441
my friend had her baby there by an emergency c-section 3.5 weeks earlier than her due date and she left within 2 days after demanding to go home because she could get no rest with all the noise on the ward. i was surprised they let her go as the baby was so tiny and she'd had a c-section but they did???
evenstar Posts: 367
Hi, My DD was born on Wednesday evening and we were let home on Friday morning. I was dying to get home. Good luck with it, evenstar
snuggler Posts: 1296
all going ok, I want to go asap..not sure they allow it.. only if doing midwife scheme i think..we not in catchment area..i hate hosp, really do ad want to be home as soon as poss..wonder if i beg they might allowif anyone experience please post,cheers :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
CAn they make you stay? Are you allowed decide that you're going and that's it?!
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
No your not allowed just to decide to go home baby and you have to be fine first. I was in 2 nights on DD and begged to be let home after that we were both fine so they did, this time if my birth is as straight forward - natural no pain relief no bubby issues then I'm hoping they'll only keep me one night as its my second !
ulanzi Posts: 135
I could be wrong, but can't you request early transfer home from Holles St even if you're not in the Domino Scheme? Obviously they won't let you go until they're happy you and baby are okay but I think you can request it at the beginning of labour. There's info on their website.
Daff Posts: 11644
You can request right up til LO arrives - but only if you live in the catchment area. There's a map on their website.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Yep you can but as OP said only if u live in the catchment area which unfortunately I live nowhere near!!!
short n sweet Posts: 1802
I had DD on a Friday at 11pm and was kept in until Monday morning - DD was small when was born and in an incubator for a night, I think we would have been let go earlier otherwise - am hoping I will only have to stay 1 night this time as its my second Mrs Bambi we are EDD twins :wv Congrats on having another girl, that will be lovely for your DD to have a sister