how soon can you find out

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kasakins Posts: 120
Hi girls was just wondering how soon can you find out the babies sex. Im 13wks gone and my next scan is at 22wks, do you think, if i chose to, i would be able to find out. i havent quite decided if i want to know or not, but just keeping my options open
Hepburn Posts: 4081
It is possible to tell the baby's sex from about mid-way through the pregnancy....but only if the baby is in a position that suits...nothing you can do if it's not I'm afraid. :lol:
Sart Posts: 441
i was wondering this too. I think its about 20 weeks. I'm dying to find out but I've my suspicions that its a girl. :D
nettie07 Posts: 293
hi there, You should be able to find out at your 20 week scan, i had a scan at 19 weeks and they couldnt tell due to the baby being so active.But had a scan last week at 22 weeks and i ound i was having a boy! Im so thrilled, i had a very stong feeling any way and my mam who has a very stong ^th sense she felt it was a boy too. Some people are a bit supprised i found out, but i dont like supprises ,im really happy i found out, ive alredy bought baby going home outfit :oops: I ve bought a few blue things already.hth
Sassy Posts: 2269
Kasakins just to let you know that you would be able to see the sex of the baby by 20wks but you need to check with the hospital first, as i know that some hospitals refuse to tell you even if they can see.
[quote:1w7yy10l] as i know that some hospitals refuse to tell you even if they can see.[/quote:1w7yy10l] g'way- why would they do that? bastards. I'm DYING to know....
Sassy Posts: 2269
I think its incase they get it wrong and then the parents sue them.
[quote:dwbtvumn]I think its incase they get it wrong and then the parents sue them.[/quote:dwbtvumn] really? thats bizarre. Do you know which hospital doesn't tell you? I'm with the Domino scheme but I think their scans are done in Holles street. has anyone been refused the info in Holles street?
kasakins Posts: 120
Im with the Domino Scheme aswell,but mine are in the Rotunda. im not sure if they are one of the hospitals that wont tell, guess il find out in 13wks
jellybaby Posts: 2316
You can tell from about 18 weeks onwards, although after the 20 weeks is more accurate, as baby is more developed. Don't be too disappointed if you can't tell though....my 20 week scan was at 21 weeks, and baby was moving about so much that we only got a '60% it's a girl'. Was very disappointed afterwards as I had really built myself up to finding out. Anyway, we had our 3d scan recently and it was really obvious that it [i:13f77a0g]was[/i:13f77a0g] a girl, so we're delighted to know. Like nettie though, a lot of people are surprised that we found out, so be prepared for the reactions! PS. From reading other boards, I think girls have found out in both Holles St. & the Rotunda what the sex was. Best of luck :D