how soon did you have hospital bag ready!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hi all I was just wondering how soon you get your hospital bag ready - I was thinking of having mine sitting ready at about 32 weeks just in case something happens and i go early - what is the norm for this......I would just feel more reassured if i had it ready as i know hubby would not know where to start - I had printed out the list from the sticky about what to bring and he was asking why do you need 2 old nightdresses!!!!, what are heavy duty ST's!!! etc and when i answered both those he was like ooh! I think i am going to have a fainter on my hands girls!!!! he hates watching anything with operations and blood on it!!! :eek
jen2 Posts: 3106
Just get him to stay up top. He will be fine. Some of them really dont have a clue. I think I started back my bag about week 33- 34. Its always handy to have it packed that bit early. I always have 2- 3 little lemon/ or green baby grwos as I dont know what I am having. DH went out the day after I had my DS and bought nearly the entire shop of blue clothes. Was very sweet, but I ended up changing lots of them for bigger sizes. Jen2
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hi mrs.maternal How are you? I will be 27 weeks on Friday my dates have changed and my doc told me to be ready by 30 weeks. This really freaks me out and i'm sure i will go over BUT as you say the dh's are not the best at packing. MY dh organised a surprise weekend away for us a while ago and he packed for me (due to it being a surprise).AHhhhhh how romantic, well no.he packed bikini bottoms instead of knickers :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 . So the moral of the story don't take a chance, pack your bag yourself and as early as you want.Beter to be safe than sorry. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tedsters Posts: 1688
[quote="bellabella":t0y06qde]I will be 27 weeks on Friday my dates have changed and my doc told me to be ready by 30 weeks. [/quote:t0y06qde] Aw Bella hope you are ok?
bellabella Posts: 2750
Ted, thank God there is nothing wrong but he said you wouldn't belive the amount of women who go into laboutr early and the get so upset that they don't have there own stuff and it makes everyone happy all round if the mother is happy. When will you pack ted?
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Glad all ok with you Bellabella. :xox Well DH would probably pack socks instead of underpants and heaven knows what he would buy for ST's :eek so I think I had better print of the list and start getting a bag ready myself now.
corkrebel Posts: 744
I have had my bag pasked for the last 6 weeks or so ...althought it has been unpacked and repacked about 4 million times!! I packed it early to be safe as my friend went 6 weeks early! O:o)
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
What I am thinking is how many do you get ready,say your not at home?should you keep one in the car,one in your parents etc....bags all over the place :ooh
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Dolly I'm just going to keep one at home with me - well actually it will probably be three bags - one for the labour, one with my stuff for after labour and one for the baby. I've heard before that your labour bag should be quite small or the nurses will give out! I'll probably start buying bits and pieces once I get past 20 weeks like you Mrs. Maternal - I'm a worryguts and so I'd like to have a bag with the stuff I wanted just in case I had to have a stint in hospital before D day itself. When I ended up in hospital with food poisoning a few weeks ago I had no bag and my mother made one up for me - with a couple of nighties that had belonged to my granny (RIP)!!!
luigi Posts: 867
I was so excited had mine packed at 26 weeks- but only loosely if you know what I mean; the stuff was there, but I didnt finalise it until about 35 weeks. When I went to Antenatal classes they told me to pack a small one for labour as the bigger bag cant go into the delivery room as space is limited, so the labour bag had some snacks and clothes for the baby. And after bubs was born H2B went to the car and brouhgt in my overnight bag.