How soon did you tell people your news

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jelliebean Posts: 41
I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second child and am really showing at the moment. It is proving harder and harder to dress to conceal my current condition. I waited until after my first scan to tell people the last time. Just wondering did many of you tell people before your scan? I know I have only 2 more weeks to wait until my scan and please God everything will be fine. Its just that I was thinking of telling my two closest work colleagues to relieve some of the pressure at work but I don't want to "tempt fate" Thanks J
Emme Posts: 4735
I told people at 11 weeks after my third scan! I think once you tell one or two people the news kind of sneaks out. We told everyone over 48 hours and it was great cause we didn't have to say to anyone 'keep it to yourself' so everyone was surprised and didn't have to pretend to be surprised! I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable telling people without a scan but plenty of people do. At the end of the day a lot of girls now only have their first scan at 18wks and you can't hang on that long!!
zoesmama Posts: 2774
when i was pg with DS i had bleeding at 6 weeks and had to tell my boss as had to go the hosp suddenly. i had 2 scans at 6 and 7 weeks. we also told both sets of parents at about 8 weeks. on my 2nd pg i m/c'd and had just told my Mum & Dad a few days before i lost it at 7 weeks. for this pg i told my Mum (Dad was ill) and my closest friend early (probably at 6 weeks) and at work i told my secretary as was so afraid of anything happening and i wanted someone at work to know if i had to leave suddenly. i had a reassurance scan at 8 weeks and we told a couple who are good friends of ours at about 9 weeks and everyone else after the 12 week scan.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I told at 9.5 weeks straight after my scan, was too excitied to hold it in any longer!
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Great to see these responses - I'm 10 and a half weeks and really want to tell people. Even though we've had an early scan and everything is ok, I still had it in the back of my mind to hold out for 12 weeks but each day is getting harder and harder to keep it quiet.
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
We told everyone at about 7 weeks. I don't think it is tempting fate at all to share such fantastic news. Sad to say but, if something is going to go wrong it will go wrong regardless, and I know for me I would prefer to have the support of people if I was in that situation. If you feel ready well then go ahead and tell them. FP xx
jelliebean Posts: 41
Thanks Guys I think I will hold off until the scan. I did tell my parents as I was sick and couldn't take anything for it and a month later I still wasn't any better and they were beginning to worry about me. They won't breathe a word whereas my MIL would be physically incapable of keeping it to herself. We had a health issue at work re a contagious disease so I had to tell my EHS manager to identify any potential risk. She is also pregnant so completely understood. Its just I know people are beginning to talk now and I know it shouldn't bother me. Its just tiring trying to hide it. Now I think I will just brazen it out for the next two weeks. Fingers crossed everything will be fine.
ainm Posts: 2211
We told everyone at 7 weeks. I was just too excited to keep it to myself! :-8
fifi28 Posts: 481
we told our close families as soon as we found out i knew there was no hope of me keeping it from my sisters as we're very close so only fair dh got to tell too in hindsight though it probably is a good idea to wait for a while :wv
Wanna Bump Posts: 117
My DH and I told my Mam & Dad the same day I got a BFP :-8 . We had been trying for a few months and my Mam knew this, my Mam and I are major close and I would not have been able to keep it from her for another second. I knew she was a bit worried too coz we had been trying for a couple of months, so I wanted to put her mind at ease. :lvs I'm only 4 and half weeks but I'm so glad to have my Mam, Dad and DH to talk to about this wonderful news. If something happens they will be the very people who will support us 100%. Haven't told DH parents we are going to wait till the 10 week mark. I think its whatever you feel comfortable with there is no way I could have waited to tell my Mam :wv