How soon does morning sickness set in?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beaches Posts: 187
Hi ladies, I'm not quite there yet, but hoping to get my BFP and be able to join this forum very soon. Just wondering, for those of you that have suffered with morning sickness - how soon in the pregnancy did it set in for you?
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
Mine kicked in at 6 weeks and I got sick about 5-6 a day until 18-20 weeks. It started to ease then with medication my consultant prescribed for me. I had constant nausea also. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
babybrain2012 Posts: 185
beaches, good luck - hopefully you will get your ms soon! Everybody is different but I had evening sickness which was just like being soooooo tired I was sick, if that makes sense. I never actually threw up at all but I just felt like id been run over by a truck. I think that started for me about two weeks after the bfp and to be honest I still get it sometimes but not as bad
gopro Posts: 1801
I'm 34 weeks now and didn't ave any morning sickness
PrincessJasmine Posts: 221
Mine started at week 6 and was constant up until about week 15, for a few days it was just waves of nausea after that and it has completely dissappeared since. There was alot of rough times, a few days where I couldn't even get out of bed (only to be sick). Everyone's now telling me "Oh it'll come back at the end" which is lovely to hear!!!
mamajen Posts: 2263
Mine started at week 6, ended at week 10, I threw up alot! Came back then at 18 weeks for a few days but haven't had it since!
refchick Posts: 122
My sickness with this one started even before I did a test!!! I couldnt believe it but its how I knew I was pregnant and that is even before I missed a period!! Scary! It wasnt terrible sickness though just a constant nausea feeling, it passed about 13/14 weeks
noc Posts: 1802
Can't remember exactly when it started. I think the nausea set in at about 6 weeks and actually being sick at 7 or 8 weeks. [i:38nw0ukf]Most[/i:38nw0ukf] of the time the actual vomiting was limited to first thing in the morning and I just had constant nausea for the rest of the day. I've had a couple of good weeks where I've thought it's finally gone but no. At 25 weeks it's still here (was sick this morning :hic ) but the bad all day nausea did stop at around 15 or 16 weeks I think and I only get the occasional morning sickness. The first trimester was really hard. But somehow you get through it. If you don't get MS just thank your lucky stars and have sympathy for those who do. I know they say it is a good sign but I know plenty who have had little or no MS and their pregnancies were just fine. Damn them :o0 In other words try not to worry about it.
Honeypop Posts: 99
Mine started at 6 weeks but I had hyperemesis so I ended up in hospital for nearly 6 weeks. It was horrendous and I am praying that I don't get it on this little one. It lasted until about 14 weeks and after that I just had the odd bad day.
noc Posts: 1802
Whoa Honeypop that's dreadful! Poor you. :action32