how soon should i send out invites ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridezilly Posts: 343
how soon before the wedding should i send invites out ? anyone who's going pretty much knows so no need for save the dates etc !
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I think 6 weeks before is ok!
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
We've 8 weeks to go and have just sent ours out. I think the general 'rule' is 6-8 weeks.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
6 - 8 weeks before is the norm. I sent the day invites 8 weeks before and the evening invites 6 weeks before.
bridezilly Posts: 343
k cool thanks, better get my act together n get em printed !
YoungsWIfe Posts: 738
Its always 6 - 8 weeks. I didnt get mine out until 5 weeks before the wedding. I had a disaster trying to make them myself so I ended up having to buy new ones. I spend a total of 900euro on invitations :eek :o0 I can laugh now but I wasnt laughing at the time :duh:
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
6 weeks before hand for Ireland but if there's any going abroad like the UK/America/Australia maybe 7 or 8 weeks
Twirler Posts: 1644
We sent ours out 10 weeks in advance, as it's a Friday so people would need to get the day off work.
Kazzy Posts: 264
We sent ours out just under 6 weeks before the date, I would have liked them out a small bit earlier but my friend made the invitations as her present to us and they took her a bit longer than she had thought they would ! I was delighted with them though, and it was a very thoughtful present from her, less stress for me in the run up to the wedding !!