How strict are HS in relation to their visitors rule?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Solar Powered Posts: 548
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me, how strict are Holles Street in relation to their grandparents, partners and children only visitors rule? Is it enforced? Would like my sisters to be able to visit me in hospital after the birth if they wanted. Many thanks.
somanyqs Posts: 262
Hi! From my experience as a visitor as long as your respectful there's no issues went to see my sis in law in June was me dh+ dh parents no one said a word that was in sp 5 bed ward everyone had a few visitors but was very quiet :-)
Solar Powered Posts: 548
Thanks a million, that's great to know!
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
Yeah, I was in there three weeks ago and all our siblings and their partners were able to visit. The hours are quite restricted but I really appreciated that as the last thing you want is people in and out all day.
reine Posts: 1771
Both sets of grandparents and my siblings came in to me, but to be honest, I was happy to tell people they're very strict in there, cause I felt like I'd been hit by a train and needed the rest. You may be fine, but if you're totally exhausted, you may want to limit visitors yourself.
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
As above is my experience too (from 2011). I would say though to be sure you look like you know where you're going - if you're wandering around having to ask midwives where the bed is you're visiting they're much more likely to stop you for not being of a grandparent age!