How

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wobbler Posts: 300
Did you tell your partner/husband that you were pregnant? I'm really hoping and praying that this time next month I'll be telling mine.
Delish Posts: 4176
Called him, ha asked me had he done something wrong ( due to my serious tone) and then showed him the test. The two of us were completely shell shocked, and then he went urgh you just wee-ed on this... then we were shell shocked some more. It wasn't really like the movies :o( , but we are happy about it once the news sank in :-8 It was a surprise
jellybaby Posts: 2316
He was in the bathroom with me when I was peeing on the test :-8. Sorry, tmi. Then we left it and both came back in, but I made him check it - I was afraid to!! *)
dovedro Posts: 1295
I did my test in work and hadn't told him I was doing it as I'd been trying for 5 months and I was afraid of being dissapointed again When I got the postive I ran outside with my phone to ring him but he was on the phone, I left 10 unanswered calls on his mobile and the home phone. He rang in a panic to see what was wrong and I told him, he was shocked and delighted! Showed him the test when I got home then :o)ll
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
We took the test together,we sat on our bed hugging while we waited for the test to show,he looked and then said "Baby it says your having a baby" we both burst out crying and hugged again for ages,it was a such a special time and feels like yesterday! fingers crossed for you :wv
Topolino Posts: 1659
We bought the test in the evening and I had planned to do it in the morning time. Was just about to go to bed and he said sure go on and do it now. I said I won't because I sort of had a feeling it was going to be positive and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep afterwards. Anyway, I gave in and did it and then left it on the table for the required few minutes. I checked it while he stood behind me and lo and behold there was the BFP line! We just hugged and he reassured me it would be alright - we were getting married in two months. We're now six months pregnant with twins and I think we're still half in shock! Best of luck to you Wobbler. I hope you'll be giving us your story next month. *)
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Awww....twins I forget you were expecting twins I just love twins :lvs :lvs
Topolino Posts: 1659
Yeah Mama Dora. Two girls apparently. First scan said boy and girl, last scan said two girls. Sort of had my heart set on a boy and a girl but once they're healthy I shouldn't even be thinking thoughts like that. I was almost in tears reading your story. Can you imagine how emotional you'll both be at the birth? :o(
winterbride 06 Posts: 246
We had been TTC for a few months and I had just done a test the day my AF was due, it was negative so we just said next month, a few days later I was not feeling well and I thought maybe I might be. I did the test in work and it was positive, I was bursting to ring him but bit my tongue, I wrote a card for him and put the test inside. When I gave it to him and he opened it up I was in tears, he was soon in tears after me when he realised what it meant. I will never forget his face, he kept asking was I messing, it was a great moment. Best of luck to you.
YumYum Posts: 482
I did the test upstairs and we both stood by the fire and up came Pregnant. We are so happy, Hubby walking around the house that night saying " I can't believe I am going to be a daddy!! ". :xxx :lvs Topolino, did you find out about twins on your first scan? How were your pregnancy symptoms? There are twins on both sides of the house, hubby's uncle and aunt are twins and my mum is a twin. So it could be possible that I could have twins. :o)ll