How to clean ceramic tiles?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
We got ceramic tiles in our hall and kitchen just before Christmas which I love. I was mopping them last night and when I mop the water just stays on the top of the tiles so I had to then go around again with a cloth under the mop to dry them? How do you do yours? Sorry just reading back over this post - hope it makes sense
Anahita Posts: 1161
To be honest I just dry them off as best I can and leave them to dry. but we have under floor heating so they dry fairly quickly. Also, how do people clean the grout (sp) between their tiles? Any dirt on it shows up so well and it looks like I didn't mop the floor, the mop doesn't quite "get in there". Maybe I need to change what I use, Flash? Or just get down on my knees with a scrubbing brush!
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Someone advised me that a steam cleaner is the best for polished porcelain tiles.
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
[quote="Skinnymini":32osrce1]To be honest I just dry them off as best I can and leave them to dry. but we have under floor heating so they dry fairly quickly. Also, how do people clean the grout (sp) between their tiles? Any dirt on it shows up so well and it looks like I didn't mop the floor, the mop doesn't quite "get in there". Maybe I need to change what I use, Flash? Or just get down on my knees with a scrubbing brush![/quote:32osrce1] skinnymini, we have underfloor heating too but still had to go over with dry cloth as water was just sitting onto top of the tile iykwim. Also the tiler gave us something to get in and clean the grouting. I will find out the name and pm you on monday though. I wonder can you get them sealed that the dirt will just wipe off the grouting?
Anahita Posts: 1161
H2B and his Dad did the tiling so must ask them but yes pm me please :thnk That would be great coz it really annoys me, no one else prob notices but it jumps out at me :o0
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
Would love to know this too :wv