How to get poo out of babygros?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridget Posts: 539
My daughter is 5 wks old. How do you get poo out of babygros & clothes? The clothes are cotton and I wash at 40C using Persil powder. Tks B
sisi Posts: 169
Firstly congratulations! I used to rub vanish on the stain before washing and that would take it out. Just the basic vanish soap bar. My DS is older now so I use Ariel liquid and for stubborn stains I pour a little directly onto the stain before washing and that normally does the trick.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Soak for a couple of hours in cold water with a v. small bit of Ariel or similar. Then wash with Napisan powder - the stuff is brilliant for getting out stains of all kinds, including poo, vomit and food - even carrot!
Bun in Oven Posts: 241
I find putting a bit of Fairy washing up liquid on the stain as soon as possible great and then washing it in the machine. If it has already been through the wash and is still stained, I would soak it overnight in a Milton solution and then throw it in the wash again; never fails for me; even got out a horrible mildew stain from one of my little man's tops where it was left damp for too long before washing. This only works on whites though as it is a bleach of sorts. Congrats on your little one!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Also use Napisan its brilliant!!!If its particularly bad i leave it soaking in a bucket with napisan for a few hours and then wash as normal! Congrats on the new arrival!
Bulmers Posts: 1281
Congrats Bridget I'm delighted for you. What's her name or are you keeping that quiet?