how to keep positive when unemployed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sask10 Posts: 3
Hi I am recently after moving home to Ireland, i was living abroad for the last 3 years. i am now unemployed currently looking for work and trying to adjust back into the Irish way of life. It is still early days for me but i know i will probably have a long road of unemployement ahead of me. I was just wondering what do all the unemployed people here do everyday? I think I need to find myself a new hobby, I do not want to get stuck in a rut of watching tv all day! I would love to do some courses to help me gain some new skills but they are expensive and i am not entitled to any payments from the social welfare so i don't think i can fork out a few grand for a course when i may need to money to live off in a few months. Just wondering if any one has some tips on how to keep active and stay positive while i am looking for work..
supersupervisor Posts: 139
Maybe do some voluntary work - it will keep you occupied and get you out of the house aswell as meeting people and helping others. It also looks good on a CV and you never know what might come out of it.
theoracle Posts: 7664
There are some schemes for unemployed you may look into, most of them look at improving skills/retraining: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=274053&p=2999504&hilit=unemployed#p2999504 Good luck!