How to prepare?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

so_clear Posts: 397
We're getting married soon and plan to TTC pretty much straight away. Is there anything that we should do to prepare?... Have made a list below of everything I can think of - I'd be very grateful if ye could share any advice as would love to get there sooner rather than later in order to fit in with work and college commitments, but am a little intimidated by the thoughts of taking temperatures, etc. - Take folic acid - Arrange a checkup with the doctor & ask about Rubella booster - Eat healthily - Get exercise - Do the necessary! :oops:
mila Posts: 698
[quote:1jc9q00c]- Take folic acid - Arrange a checkup with the doctor & ask about Rubella booster - Eat healthily - Get exercise - Do the necessary! :oops:[/quote:1jc9q00c] Only thing I'd add would be to reduce alcohol and caffeine consumption (the big ones for me!), and stop smoking/recreational drugs (if applicable). I'll be joining the ttc club in a couple of weeks myself, and I can't wait! :D
Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
Be prepared for negative pregnancy tests. It can really get you down. :cry:
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote:1yo3xzml]- Arrange a checkup with the doctor & ask about Rubella booster [/quote:1yo3xzml] I would do this one asap, as apparently, if you're not immune, you have to wait for 3 months after getting the booster before ttc. It's not something I was even aware of before ttc, but thankfully, found out that I was immune. Best of luck ;)
Thanks a million girls. Have really cut our timelines fine between wedding and when we'd need to concieve by in order to tie in with other committments, so will be hoping for a miraculous first go success by the looks of things! :?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
In order to increase your chances then, I'd say do the deed at least three times a week, paying particular attention in the week before you ovulate (try paying attention to ur mucus - sorry - when it's eggwhitey ur at ur most fertile). Good luck! But just remember that even with timing everything correctly there's less than a 25% chance of conceiving each month (and that reduces a lot with age).
Am on the wrong side of 30, so my chances are probably like the proverbial camel & eye of a needle! It's mad the way for years you did everything to avoid getting pregnant and then you reach a time when you'd do anything to get pregnant!!! :?