How to tell Mother

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2crazy Posts: 1478
Myself and DH have been talking and I want to tell my mum(and dad) that I am pregnant for a number of reasons. I saw her yesterday and hated not telling her. Thing is I am worried about how she will react, we have been having some problems re our upcoming move to the UK and I am not sure whether she will be pleased or will take the England move harder. DH thinks she will be happy and he probably is right. I'm trying to think of a way to tell her that she will see it as a good thing O:|
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Must be difficult for you! If you tell her now she might back off about your move to UK, she might realise that you could do without the stress. Congrats on your BFP!
March Baby Posts: 89
Hi, Firstly congratulations! I told my Mum in the middle of a argument! It was the night before my Wedding and she was giving out to me as I was not in flying form (had just found out I was pregnant and was a bit shocked). Anyway after a few tears she was delighted for us. We are also considering a move to the UK as my husband works in the UK Mon - Fri, it’s killing my Mum, but she has to accept that myself, hubbie and baby need to be together. Tell your Mum, it would be great for her and she will be happy for you.
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
Hi! i just told my mother yesterday- just blurted it out and didn't wait around for an opinion. She was fine TG. I wouldn't worry about your mother- it's brilliant news, if she's in shock at first she will come round after a while. I wouldn't read too much into it you have enough going on IYKWIM. Hope it goes well :wv