how to tone arms?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mariac Posts: 982
im 9.9 stone, how do i tone up my upper arms, especially the back of them???I dont want big muscles. dieting doesnt help
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Right, this works: In a sitting position on a chair place the palm of your hands on the edge of the sitting part of the chair. walk your feet out. Dip your bum up and down 20 times x 3 sets!! It really does work for your upper arms at the back!!
jarashow Posts: 3083
Christmas B is right, that's what they get you to do in the gym... Pity I haven't taken any notice yet :o0
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Yep what I was going to recommend is exactly what Christmas B suggested for you to do. I would definitely try it, it should make a difference.
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
You can also do that on the ground (like a reverse push up) sit with your hands facing your feet near your bum. then lift up your whole body of the ground (except feet) and lower yourself done bending your elbows.
AnyHopeLeft Posts: 310
I second Christmas B. I had flabby bits at the backs of my arms and I am about the same weight as you. I used to wave at myself in the mirror just to annoy myself and under my arms used to jiggle terrible. About 3 months before I got married I did 3 sets of 15 of these lifts that Christmas B is talking about and I also did 3 sets of 15 pressups. I can tell you it really made a difference and you can really see the difference and how toned my arms looked in my photos. Perserverance is all I can say. If you really want results you have to work at it. No pain no gain. Don't let it monopolise your life. Do it without thinking about it. They don't take long to do. Good luck.
bride. Posts: 3014
[quote:392eqd5d]I used to wave at myself in the mirror just to annoy myself [/quote:392eqd5d] :o0 :o0 Good idea! I'll start it tonight.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[quote:1yaakmqg]No pain no gain. [/quote:1yaakmqg] :o0 :o0 :o0 I love that phrase!!!
Angel! Posts: 1494
Ooh, I really need to start toning my arms too. I am the heaviest I've ever been (close to 12 stone) and 9 months to go. It's may arms I'm paranoid about. Those jiggly bits are hideous !!! The girls are right though...No pain, no gain... I'm off to the gym tonight...