Menu

How to word the "no photos on social media" request

Go to All Things Wedding

Cazflan
Mini Wolly

Re: How to word the "no photos on social media" request

Postby Cazflan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:31 pm

I second mrsxtobe, I have a setting that I have to approve all tags before they appear on my timeline & to my friends. (Mutual friends of the original poster can still see but it closes the net). It has saved me from many a dodgy or unflattering pic that's posted!)

Stinkle - what was the name of the app you used? I like that idea!

NinjaDonDon
Mini Wolly

Postby NinjaDonDon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 am

stinkle wrote:
We did set up a photosharing app that our guests could upload pics to and it worked really well. If youre more organised than me set it up before the invites go out and post the info with the invites (might soften the "no facebook" aspect).

Hi Stinkle, what app did you use? We're thinking of using Wedpics! great thread by the way! = O-O

pooch90
Mini Wolly

Postby pooch90 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 am

We were going to use Wedpics, one of my friend used it last year and I found it very higgildy piggeldy.
Instead, we are going to just assign a hastag for Instagram/Facebook.

stinkle
New Wolly

Postby stinkle » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Sorry I didnt get updates re: the new posts!

We're using Wedpics and it's grand. Lots of our guests have put photos up and all have managed it fine - even the oldies so that's a help! We only set it up the week of the wedding and luckily were able to text the details on to family after the event. If you're organised set it up beforehand and you can print cards with the details on and send with invites (the site facilitates this, or you could happily DIY-it). People can use fb to login to wedpics and there's a "share on social media facility" BUT it can be disabled in the settings.

I agree with disabling tags on fb if you havent already also

Previous

Go to All Things Wedding