How was your weekend -

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
did you do anything? I did grocery shopping - the excitement was nearly unbearable! :o0 on Saturday, went to a 2yr olds birthday party - I'm tellin' ya my life is just sooooo exciting! On Friday we decided to go out for a bite to eat, and by doing that, the weekend actually felt longer for us, weird, I know! We kept thinking Saturday was Sunday! :duh: Yesterday we went to hubbys friends house for dinner. He's only newly engaged, well, before Christmas, and his fiance has twins from a previous relationship, so they wanted to "officially introduce us" to the kids. They are so sweet, they're nearly 10, the girl was so giggley and bouncy (I'm convinced they put springs in her socks! :o0 ), whereas her brother was the shy one. It was lovely to meet them and as hubby is bestman, they wanted the twins to be really comfortable around us on the lead up to the wedding.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Sounds lovely Noodlehead. I was busy enough for once. Usually, I never do any thing exciting! On Friday evening, I went to Dundrum to do some shopping. Got a dress and bag for a ball I'm going to. On Saturday, headed into town to get a book for college and to have a lok around while DH and his friend were watching the Man United match. Then went out Saturday night to see DH's friend's band play. And recovered yesterday!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Awww that's nice that they want them to be comfy with you. I know what you mean about going out on Friday nights, it makes the weekend twice as long, you have 2 Sundays :o0 I had a nice weekend, shared a bottle of wine with my little mammy on Friday night. Saturday spent some time with her, SIL and nephews. Went out Sat nite on the town with h2b and another couple and had a cracking night. Yesterday went to a match, and it was a lovely day to be out and abouat. Then to my mammys for dinner and catch up with the rest of the family, and home to die a death :o0 Monday again, roll on the weekend :innocent:
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I had a Financial Accounting seminar to attend on Saturday from 10am - 5pm. Thrilling it was not. Was knackered after it so after the looooong drive home in the horrible sleet I collapsed on the couch and stayed there for the night - H2B and I watched Ferris Buellers Day Off. Sunday I spent about 2 hours messing around with invitation designs and H2B and I watched UFC from the night before (white trash!). We made pigs of ourselves in the evening, making fish and chips for dinner and then ordering a massive pizza and spicy wedges about two hours later. We are totally on board with E4s 80s week - we watched Romancing the Stone and Top Gun while drinking copious amounts of wine and playing Scrabble (we're nerds!).
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Friday night.. sat on the couch (hubbie was working) Saturday.. drove to Navan to my 3 year old neices party with the kids. Saturday night.. sat on the couch Sunday.. did lots of cleaning and food shopping. Sunday night.. got MIL over to babysit and we went to the cinema. I swear if I had to sit on that couch again I would have cried!!! Its funny, last night was the first time hubbie and I had been to the cinema together in over 7 years :eek :eek V excited how are your braces now?
[quote="Scarlett O Hara ":3vsun51a]V excited how are your braces now?[/quote:3vsun51a] Ok at the moment. Got elastics for the first time a few weeks back and have never experienced pain like it that first day - had to stay off work. I hadn't been too self conscious about the braces up until then but I feel like the bride of frankenstein now and I'm very conscious of smiling cos the elastics are very visible. There's also a gap developing between one of my two front teeth and the one beside it. H2B says its not noticeable but you know when its your own teeth you feel like it has a neon sign pointing to it! Still though, delighted I got them done - or at least I will be in about a year's time! What did you see in the cinema?
This is a vvvvvvvvvvvvery long story which I wont go into.. but I got veneers on my front teeth - twice. Basically the first fella made a balls of them... I had to go through the Dental Council to get my money back and get them re done (at a different dentist!!) So I spent over a year feeling like that with my teeth so I really can sympathise with any one having teeth problems! Now that its all done now though I can say it was all worth it :o)ll :o)ll Hang in there, you will be gorgeous :hyper: Went to see The Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson, it was very good actually!
Do you have to have your teeth filed down to get veneers? Not something you'd want a mess made of - nightmare! Yeah I'm looking forwad to getting them off. Have never smiled at myself in mirrors so much in my life - I'm like a lunatic grinning away and inspecting them from all angles :o0
[quote="v excited b2b":2yx25as4]Do you have to have your teeth filed down to get veneers? Not something you'd want a mess made of - nightmare! Yeah I'm looking forwad to getting them off. Have never smiled at myself in mirrors so much in my life - I'm like a lunatic grinning away and inspecting them from all angles :o0[/quote:2yx25as4] Yep my four front teeth were filed down. What he left me with were worse than I what I had in the first place!! Any how its sorted now thats the main thing and I had my beautiful new teeth for my wedding photos. I KNOW... took me ages to get used to these... was in the mirror every 5 minutes Im sure hubbie thought I was mad :o0