how will i match "light gold" wedding dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

choco Posts: 37
Well, I finally decided on dress & it's gorgeous...it's also a "light gold" colour so now i'm wondering how on earth i'll match bridesmaids dresses to it? As it is coloured, shop assistant recommended I should go for darker coloured bridesmaid dresses so I'll have to get something that tones in with my dress. What's the best way to go about getting BM dresses to suit? Thanks!
stinky Posts: 606
If you can get a swatch of the material it will be so much handier. I think a deep burgandy colour would be lovely or a deep red colour. It depends when you are getting married. I have my bridesmaid dresses and I'm now looking for my dress - the wrong way round I know. I got beautiful bridemaid dresses in Monsoon - they are a coffee and cream colour with gold and silver lace detail - they sound like they would be nice with your dress too! Have a good look around debenhams and monsoon as well as other bridesmaid dress shops as you never know what you might find. I suppose the easiest thing would be to get your bridesmaid dresses in the same shop as then at least you would be able to hold them up against your dress!
SaJa Posts: 4282
Hey choco, My dress is light gold too so I'm thinking of going for chocolate brown dresses. I also looked at burgandy but its not that great against the light gold. The chocolate brown does look really nice if you can get the right shade of brown.
FifiZara Posts: 1
Hi, first time on the site, I am way to laid back to be a bride, thank god for sisters who organise everything, olive green and a dark ruby purple would go great and make it easy to match jewellery. A swatch to a fabric store would help. bye now
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
My little sis has a light gold dress and she went for a really rich chocolate brown...Didn't really think of anything else because they matched so well!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
My little sis has a light gold dress and she went for a really rich chocolate brown...Didn't really think of anything else because they matched so well!
choco Posts: 37
the chocolate brown sounds lovely alright...i've raided Hickeys & came away with handful of light gold fabric samples so i'm going to go back to bridal shop and see which is closest match, then at least i'll be armed when i go to look for the BM dresses... What type/colour flowers would go best with gold/brown wedding party?
SaJa Posts: 4282
How about cream roses/calla lillies. I'm going for burnt orange calla lillies for myself and cream calla lillies for BM's. Or maybe sunflowers.
9june07 Posts: 14
what dress do you have in light gold??? i wonder is it the same as mine??? i went for the chocolate brown option for bridesmaids - is fab with my dress. seems popular on here too!!!
gillster09 Posts: 92
hi All Just bought my dress saturday and its thai silk antique gold so sounds similar to yours. I was bridesmaid for my only sis last Feb and i wore fab choch brown skirt and top from monsoon. would go lovely with my dress but could not get her to wear it obviousy for mine (unfort).......was thinking of burnt orange for bm dress. going to italy to get married so need light bm dress also. try monsoon for bm dresses though