HUGE PROBLEM RE BIRDEMAID HELP!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Niamhlily Posts: 27
ok i will try type this without tears or anger but i cant promise anything. I am having three BM, my sister and my two future SILS. One of which i am very close to lets call her MARY and the other is the godmother of our baby and we are friends!! Anyway last weekend, Mary said to my fiance that she assume we would be paying for her accommodation for the wedding, he said no we couldn't afford to pay all bridal party and as far as he was aware normally couples dont!! She was not happy, i put it down to a brother/sister row and i texted telling her sorry but no!! She texted back that she cant afford to pay for hotel O:| ( she is a single mum but manages to go out most weekends and was out shopping all weekend) and that IF she comes to the wedding she will travel up and down in the one day ( 3 hour drive each way) and that maybe it would be better for me to get another BM. I was and am gutted, she went thru a rough year this pasted year and even though i had just had my baby i was there for her day and night!! I have no idea what to do!! My fiancee is raging and his mum reckons she was just in a bad mood........ :o( but i dont know!!
NowGone Posts: 8042
Whey not send her some details for nearby B& B's. They should be a bit cheaper than a hotel.
marianf Posts: 5845
She is just being a child. See if you can find her accommodation nearby that is cheaper than the hotel. Or tell her not to buy you a present and use the money for the accommodation instead.
moyra-smyth Posts: 511
I agree with above...but thats very unreasonable of her!! Maybe she was just having a hissy fit. Can you talk about maybe sharing the price of the room? We certainly wont be paying for all our attendants rooms...god i hope they know that!!
Thanks guy but to be honest its that fact that she could be so rude and hurtful that is my issue. I feel like telling her to go jump and not bother if thats her attitude!! I am really hurt by it and i haven't seen or dont want to at the moment! :o(
Her parents, brothers and the other BM are hiring a lodge on the grounds of the hotel thats sleeps 6 and there is a FREE bed there for her....but she wants a double room in hotel... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Lexus Posts: 791
could she stayin a friends house or something nearby?
smittenb2b Posts: 675
Then shes just being a spoilt brat, I'd just ignore the situation, if shes that sort of person shes not going to turn down a free meal and free bridesmaids dress!! Try not to worry about it and try let your h2b and mil handle her!!
moyra-smyth Posts: 511
Oh my od shes being so selfish,you are totally in the right!!! Have you a close friend that might fit in her dress??!! :o0
You know i nearly would ask someone else but she is going to be my sister in law for life and i am godmother to her youngest daughter, the tension would be unbearable!! But it is not my doing!! If she decides to stick with her childish decision i dont know if i will ask a friend( make them feel like they are my last resort) or just have 2 BMS and flowergirl and 2 GM...... My head and heart are sore from this! :o(