HUGE PROBLEM RE BIRDEMAID HELP!!! - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

carlow Posts: 432
are we the only b and g that paid accomadation for our bridal party??
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
[quote="carlow":zs4ho7cp]are we the only b and g that paid accomadation for our bridal party??[/quote:zs4ho7cp] I'm sure there are other out there that are doing or have done the same Carlow. We're paying for our parents' rooms as a Thank You to them but we wont be paying for anyone else in the bridal party. It depends on many factors like your budget, the price of the rooms and how many are in your bridal party etc... It all adds up especially if you have a big bridal party.
Ficidy Posts: 1753
[quote="carlow":270q5mxm]are we the only b and g that paid accomadation for our bridal party??[/quote:270q5mxm] We're paying for ours too, but then again we're only having one bridesmaid and the best man. My sister and her H2B are also paying for their bridal party and their are 6 altogether. I was a bridesmaid for a friend last year and she didn't pay for my accomodation. I think it's very much up to the couple. Our view is that these people are doing us a favour and the least we can do is put them up for the night. I know a lot of people don't have this in their budget though.
carlow Posts: 432
am with you, Ficidy, we deliberately had only 2bms and did without things like favours..i really think it's only good manners,it's not like most people want to be BM, they will do it out of love/friendship but it's not my fav way to spend a wedding..(DH and I are usually the ones on the floor giving it wellie!)
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Can't believe I spelt 'their' wrong when I meant to say 'there' - what a wally! Anyway, agree with you completely carlow - I guess some people just don't factor the accomodation into their budget - it does cost a lot after all. I just wouldn't feel right not paying for it.
good2go Posts: 564
[quote="NoZilla":2ah3jzdz]Whey not send her some details for nearby B& B's. They should be a bit cheaper than a hotel.[/quote:2ah3jzdz] Great idea.At least BM will have options.Would be a good idea to sit with her alone and have a chat to see where shes coming from regarding her worries about finances.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
[quote="carlow":sq7akjkh]am with you, Ficidy, we deliberately had only 2bms and did without things like favours..[b:sq7akjkh]i really think it's only good manners[/b:sq7akjkh],it's not like most people want to be BM, they will do it out of love/friendship but it's not my fav way to spend a wedding..(DH and I are usually the ones on the floor giving it wellie!)[/quote:sq7akjkh] I'm not starting a row but I have to disagree. I'm only having one BM and H2b is having 2 GM so does that mean we have bad manners or are being mean because we are not paying for their rooms? TBH our own bridal party dont expect us to pay for their rooms. We are paying for everything on the day for our bridal party, drinks included. All they have to pay for is their room which is at a reduced rate so they dont have to dip into their pockets that much.
MGTE Posts: 471
[quote="Niamhlily":11r0obmd]Her parents, brothers and the other BM are hiring a lodge on the grounds of the hotel thats sleeps 6 and there is a FREE bed there for her....but she wants a double room in hotel... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh[/quote:11r0obmd] Are you kidding me!!!! WTF! that is so spoilt!!! I've been a single mum and money was tight but no way would I have ever expected accomadation in a hotel to be paid for me when I was a bridesmaid, especially when there is a bed for her. It's your wedding, why does she think she should be treated?
kismo Posts: 214
How selfish is she you think she would be greatful to be asked to be bridsmaid
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
We are paying for the parents. But the bridesmaids and groomsmen are sisters and brothers of me and H2B and they offered to pay and wouldnt take no for an answer. Our parents dont want us paying for them either but we are putting our foot down about that. This is the only expense our bridesmaids and groomsmen will be out. *)