HUGE PROBLEM RE BIRDEMAID HELP!!! - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="carlow":1czv5cj6]are we the only b and g that paid accomadation for our bridal party??[/quote:1czv5cj6] We are paying for the bridal party and our siblings. None of them expect it but we have decided that we want to do it. I dont feel under any pressure to do it though. We are getting married at xmas away from home and they dont really have a choice other than to stay so we thought it would decrease the financial pressure on them. I fully appreciate that for some people it is financially not possible. If I was a BM I would probably insist on paying for my room. My brother paid for mine at his wedding last year, but I didnt mind that because I can repay the favour this year.
she Posts: 3298
[quote="Niamhlily":2jqwzg6c]Her parents, brothers and the other BM are hiring a lodge on the grounds of the hotel thats sleeps 6 and there is a FREE bed there for her....but she wants a double room in hotel... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh[/quote:2jqwzg6c] OMG, what a bitch, sorry I waq just about to type, "God if she's alone parent maybe she doesn't have the money"......... >:o( Give her a day or 2, then ring her and politely tell her, you don't want to fall out with her and would love her to be bridesmaid(you don't need a fued in the family) but you can't afford to pay for a hotel room and say that there is room in the lodge for her. Explain that if you pay for one, you'll have to pay for the rest and your budget is already exceeded it's limitations. If she gives you any shite after that, tell her that's ok, we'll get someone else........
mbrett Posts: 30
We are paying for our bridal party accommodation but then again we are only having 1 BM and 1 BM. I think she needs to be grateful she was chosen to be BM in the first place and remember whose day it is
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="mbrett":1m7fhuh2] I think she needs to be grateful she was chosen to be BM in the first place and remember whose day it is[/quote:1m7fhuh2] :eek
dellol Posts: 315
Our hotel was a bit out of the way, so we laid on transport to make it easier for people so nobody was under pressure to stay if they could not afford it. Having said that as we wanted our Bridal party to stay over, we paid for them and also our parents. I was going to say that I can understand this girl being under pressure to afford to stay as a single parent, but then you say their is a bed in the lodges for her, with her family. This is not good. I would remind her of that fact and if she says it is not good enough, then sorry, but she would certainly be out of my bridal party. She has a free bed and is still not happy :ooh :ooh
LookWhoItIs Posts: 851
[quote="Niamhlily":ewjcipgy]Her parents, brothers and the other BM are hiring a lodge on the grounds of the hotel thats sleeps 6 and there is a FREE bed there for her....but she wants a double room in hotel... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh[/quote:ewjcipgy] Ah FFS! She's taking the p!ss! Tell her to catch herself on! O:|
LAdancer Posts: 445
OMG not a chance would I pay when there is a lodge on the grounds of the hotel with a free bed for her, its not your responsibilty to sort out her accomadation she's a grown woman. As for its only being good manners to pay for the bridal parties room, I'm sorry I have to disagree, when is the line drawn for what the b & g have to spend. I know weddings are expensive for guest but we are arranging and paying for transport too and from the hotel for all our guests. We are paying for bridemaids dress, shoes, hair, jewerelly, make-up and also I will be given them a present to say thanks for doing it. We are having 4BM's, 4 GM, 1 JBM, 2FG & 1 PB, at €110's a room I'm adding more expense. We are paying for parents, and also for my brothers room who is GM, his son is my godchild and is also PB (as he paid for ours at his wedding). But that is where I draw the line as I already have people crying at me about how they can't afford the accomadation and they aren't even in the bridal party, when I point out that the bus will leave them home, they reply with 'awe but I want to stay' :ooh
Queen Jane Posts: 4
[quote="LAdancer":3ucovf7q]OMG not a chance would I pay when there is a lodge on the grounds of the hotel with a free bed for her, its not your responsibilty to sort out her accomadation she's a grown woman. As for its only being good manners to pay for the bridal parties room, I'm sorry I have to disagree, when is the line drawn for what the b & g have to spend. I know weddings are expensive for guest but we are arranging and paying for transport too and from the hotel for all our guests. We are paying for bridemaids dress, shoes, hair, jewerelly, make-up and also I will be given them a present to say thanks for doing it. We are [b:3ucovf7q]having 4BM's, 4 GM, 1 JBM, 2FG & 1 PB[/b:3ucovf7q], at €110's a room I'm adding more expense. We are paying for parents, and also for my brothers room who is GM, his son is my godchild and is also PB (as he paid for ours at his wedding). But that is where I draw the line as I already have people crying at me about how they can't afford the accomadation and they aren't even in the bridal party, when I point out that the bus will leave them home, they reply with 'awe but I want to stay' :ooh[/quote:3ucovf7q]
Queen Jane Posts: 4
[quote="LAdancer":11voebom]OMG not a chance would I pay when there is a lodge on the grounds of the hotel with a free bed for her, its not your responsibilty to sort out her accomadation she's a grown woman. As for its only being good manners to pay for the bridal parties room, I'm sorry I have to disagree, when is the line drawn for what the b & g have to spend. I know weddings are expensive for guest but we are arranging and paying for transport too and from the hotel for all our guests. We are paying for bridemaids dress, shoes, hair, jewerelly, make-up and also I will be given them a present to say thanks for doing it. We are [b:11voebom]having 4BM's, 4 GM, 1 JBM, 2FG & 1 PB[/b:11voebom], at €110's a room I'm adding more expense. We are paying for parents, and also for my brothers room who is GM, his son is my godchild and is also PB (as he paid for ours at his wedding). But that is where I draw the line as I already have people crying at me about how they can't afford the accomadation and they aren't even in the bridal party, when I point out that the bus will leave them home, they reply with 'awe but I want to stay' :ooh[/quote:11voebom] Do you really need all these people in the bridal party? What will they all do? If you had less people in the bridal party maybe you would have been able to pay for their accomodation.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
[quote="Queen Jane":1p2p4kka][quote="LAdancer":1p2p4kka]OMG not a chance would I pay when there is a lodge on the grounds of the hotel with a free bed for her, its not your responsibilty to sort out her accomadation she's a grown woman. As for its only being good manners to pay for the bridal parties room, I'm sorry I have to disagree, when is the line drawn for what the b & g have to spend. I know weddings are expensive for guest but we are arranging and paying for transport too and from the hotel for all our guests. We are paying for bridemaids dress, shoes, hair, jewerelly, make-up and also I will be given them a present to say thanks for doing it. We are [b:1p2p4kka]having 4BM's, 4 GM, 1 JBM, 2FG & 1 PB[/b:1p2p4kka], at €110's a room I'm adding more expense. We are paying for parents, and also for my brothers room who is GM, his son is my godchild and is also PB (as he paid for ours at his wedding). But that is where I draw the line as I already have people crying at me about how they can't afford the accomadation and they aren't even in the bridal party, when I point out that the bus will leave them home, they reply with 'awe but I want to stay' :ooh[/quote:1p2p4kka] Do you really need all these people in the bridal party? What will they all do? [b:1p2p4kka]If you had less people in the bridal party maybe you would have been able to pay for their accomodation[/b:1p2p4kka].[/quote:1p2p4kka] A B&G are not obliged to pay for the accomodation for every person in their bridal party regardless of how many GM or BM they have. I'm only having one BM and h2b is having 2 GM we are paying for everything excluding accommodation. they are getting a reduced room rate , our rooms are less than €100 so they dont have to spend a fortune. Our party have no problems with it and didnt expect me and h2b to pay for their accommodation anyway. Weddings are becoming all about money and how the B&G should pay for everything and it's getting ridiculous.